Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Flatheads

kelcher

Been thinking about trying to catch some flatheads this spring. Post some pics / vids of some nice ones you have caught over the years. What did you catch them on? River? Lake? . . . .

I haven't caught one in a long time as I have not had a chance to do much fishing the last few years.

This is the only big flat I've ever caught. Got it on pool 4 of Mississippi. Caught it fishing for walleyes with a denver rig. A denver rig has a three way with a crank bait on one lead and a jig on the other. Funniest part was I had a 4 pound walleye on the jig and the 27 pound flat on the crank bait. Everybody we talked to said the flat probably took a swipe at the walleye and missed. One of the walleyes in the second pic was the other fish.
1333764136_283.jpg

1333764136_283.jpg
1333764202_285.jpg

We fought it for quite a while before we got them in. Somewhere i have a picture of both fish in the net but couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Now that is a cool story! Don’t worry everybody else, you don’t have to try and beat that one. Just looking for some more motivation during this slow time.

Great pics! You hear guys tell some "big fish" stories but those are some big dang fish!!! Looks like a blast!!

Seeing these fish is getting me excited to try this again. Setting my goals a little lower though. What do you think the odds are of pulling a 10 lbder out of the Cedar?

I know people get some pretty good ones out of the cedar. The only flats I get in the cedar are small, but I am not targeting them. Normally catch them trolling cranks for walleyes and bass. What stretch of the cedar do you fish?

Top Bottom