Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BUYING 1st FARM ARTICLE....

My wife and I bought our first home 2 years ago for $55k and we are paying it off this May and thinking about putting it up for sale to buy an acreage. In the time we have been here we have remodeled the kitchen and bath and removed panelling from the second floor and drywalling and insulating attic, and put in new flooring. We hope to list for $85k this fall and roll this money over into an acreage.

Sent from my Z986U using Tapatalk

Great article !!

Some good advice there. Start somewhere, even if it’s an average farm. My first farm was $22,000 and 4 hours away, but it helped pay for the next farm, the next... etc..

Definately some good advice. My problem is I don't ever sell my farms. I'm on #3 now. I have good neighbors so makes it hard to sell.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

For those that have yet to purchase a property, be forewarned it is very similar to being a crack head, alcoholic, you name it....in a good way! Having your own land is an addicting hobby/investment....at least for me and some of my friends it is.

It is also the best investment I have made. Good luck in the search.

I think the only thing better than owning your own ground is being able to live on it.
It’s an odd feeling- waking up doing the routine, walk out the door and walk to ur tree stand. I do love it.
On the other hand, when I traveled to my farms, there was a sense of satisfaction there too. I would get really excited to go and get away. Eventually the drive was way too long (why I sold with getting married and having kids) & got closer.
When I was single, early 20’s - hardly mattered if I had to drive 2 or 10 hours- had energy & time. Now- if I had to start over, since I have kids.... ideally I’d drive as far from home as I had to so I was in a solid hunting area that was affordable. If I could do it in less than an hour- be ideal. But if it was 2 hours to find that perfect combo- I’d do it & drive further.

Top Bottom