Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dakota's Turkey!

4DABUCKS

After missing the 1st part of youth season due to a trip out catching walleyes on Erie, the weather forcasted for today looked like our best opportunity before regular season started! So needless to say today was a free day off for both of us. It was a really slow morning, as we heard our last gobble at 6:38. For the next 4 hrs we never heard a bird. We we were deciding to pack it up, out of nowhere I spotted 2 toms coming in at 30yds and closing fast! I told him to get ready and take your best shot! With in what seemed like seconds both birds were at 6 yds! As if he was in auto pilot, I heard the safety 1st then Boom!
After such a slow morning, in a matter of 2 minutes it was done!
11 inch beard
1 1/8th spurs
23 lbs

After missing the 1st part of youth season due to a trip out catching walleyes on Erie, the weather forcasted for today looked like our best opportunity before regular season started! So needless to say today was a free day off for both of us. It was a really slow morning, as we heard our last gobble at 6:38. For the next 4 hrs we never heard a bird. We we were deciding to pack it up, out of nowhere I spotted 2 toms coming in at 30yds and closing fast! I told him to get ready and take your best shot! With in what seemed like seconds both birds were at 6 yds! As if he was in auto pilot, I heard the safety 1st then Boom!
After such a slow morning, in a matter of 2 minutes it was done!
11 inch beard
1 1/8th spurs
23 lbs
Pics from above's post!
cee56b25dafefb1e521d9b7fefc6e4a5.jpg
f9424aa3f01607e9a95e2f55fba3d6d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

It can happen fast - and when you least expect it. Well done Dakota. That close can be a miss if you are not right on with your aim.

Nice work on the gobbler! Congrats! On a second note, how was your fishing on Erie? I leave on the 20th for a week where we take the ferry across and stay in Put in Bay and fish around the islands and Camp Perry firing range. Hope to get that 32" this year!

FF

Nice work on the gobbler! Congrats! On a second note, how was your fishing on Erie? I leave on the 20th for a week where we take the ferry across and stay in Put in Bay and fish around the islands and Camp Perry firing range. Hope to get that 32" this year!

FF
Fishing was good! We caught 9 or ten in that 9-10 lb range that we realesed. We were able to fish the islands every day but 1. That day we went @ to the Detroit River. Fishing on the river was awesome! It was stacked with 16-23 inch males. We normally go the last wk of April but wanted to try for a big one. Good luck to all who are headed out and stay safe, that lake can change in a hurry!
This is an average fish that we were catching!
702f0e304c79db2396df785c66f24776.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom