Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Going rate for quality B&C deadheads?

meyeri

PMA Member
Buddy who's a non Hunter found a beast buck dead. It's in the 180"-200" range with double drops, cool character and isn't bleached out. He's gonna Euro mount it and hang it in his man cave, but he's not a hunter so he's not super attached and was curious what something like that is worth? I honestly have no clue and it seems like there's quite a bit of variation depending on how much buyers want a particular characteristic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There’s an antler auction in eastern Iowa every year. Good bone brings a lot of $ in some cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Iowa DNR

“Yes, it is legal to sell shed antlers. It’s also legal to sell antlers attached to skulls or skull plates as long as the deer parts are lawfully possessed, meaning you have a salvage tag or filled deer tag. It would only be illegal if the animal with the antlers was poached or acquired through illegal means.”

Also:

38a6d933f78131f1dce32d573664dac1.jpg

A couple of years ago these guys sold a set for my father for well over $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I understand why I had 2 different trespassers on my ground this spring. Evidently they needed the sheds on my ground more than I did. Kinda sucks to have to worry about trespassing not only in the fall but spring as well.

You cannot sell dead heads in Iowa as far as I can remember

https://www.facebook.com/iowadnr/posts/10151851572157111

From the IDNR Facebook page on the subject, I believe you can sell them...as long as you have a valid salvage tag for them. I don't doubt though that some have received contrary advice from any given CO. Although I am generally a fan of IDNR agents, there are some subjects that some CO's routinely misinform people who ask them questions. The deadhead/shed antler sale is one of them.

Top Bottom