Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Owen got it done

zvholk

Owens had a tough season with the weather, and a miss with his bow last week so this morning we decided to take old trust worthy.
We set up on a spot where we’ve been seeing birds the last 2 mornings.
Got to the spot just before 5 when we realized Owen had forgot his chair. So we got all set up and I ran home quick to grab the chair. (We were only a few miles from home)
on the way I smacked a deer with the front of my truck. I probably was going a little too fast.
When I get back to the spot a tom is already hammering away, It was only 5:15.

I get to the blind to find out I can see the tom up in the tree gobbling his head off. I can even hear him spitting and drumming he is that close. Not good from my past experiences.
He flys down and heads deeper into the woods, I tell Owen it probably won’t happen and he says “it’s not if you don’t be quiet”
All of a sudden a hen starts yelping right next to us! I look out the side window and can see 2 up in the tree.
I started moving the jake decoy and within seconds Owen says there he is. He comes into the decoy strutting his stuff and Owen dropped him in his tracks at 5:50.
6c46731772367a06f1ffa75a5b47e532.jpg

f342915a6db8db548119e6a2b214cc30.jpg

010ccf69e3b9a4ea234fed305c22b457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
24 pounds
10” beard
1 1/8
1 1/8
Total of 66.5

Owen said next season he wants to be in the contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job Owen & congrats to you proud dad!! At least it wasn't the new truck:).

Well keep your eye out as Cameron still looking for his first bird.

You crammed a lot of action into a short time! Congrats on the nice bird and a big congrats to your son!

Top Bottom