Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Why is it that only hunters, trappers pay the Habitat Fee?

Handcannon

If the DNR is looking for $, why not have EVERYBODY that uses the outdoors & parks pay the Habitat Fee?

Lakes & campgrounds get renovated & require maintenance all the time. Fishing, boating, personal watercraft, trails, shelters & etc.

If you use the Habitat - pay the fee. Why such a small portion of users paying the fee?

Or is the fee already tied into boat/PWC/camping registration?

I have never understood why it's only hunters & trappers. Maybe I'm misinformed?

If the DNR is looking for $, why not have EVERYBODY that uses the outdoors & parks pay the Habitat Fee?

Lakes & campgrounds get renovated & require maintenance all the time. Fishing, boating, personal watercraft, trails, shelters & etc.

If you use the Habitat - pay the fee. Why such a small portion of users paying the fee?

Or is the fee already tied into boat/PWC/camping registration?

I have never understood why it's only hunters & trappers. Maybe I'm misinformed?

Man that is a outstanding way to look at it I agree 110% percent. Everyone enjoys the outdoors. All should do there part...

a lot of the boating/fishing stuff is already taxed under Dingle-Johnson.. they tax fuel and tackle and what not then the states can apply for money for various projects much like Pittman-Robinson for hunting

a lot of the boating/fishing stuff is already taxed under Dingle-Johnson.. they tax fuel and tackle and what not then the states can apply for money for various projects much like Pittman-Robinson for hunting
I was actually just listening to a Meateater Podcast about this topic. Steve Rinella stated my exact thoughts that other things should be taxed under the PR act. I wish they could tax hikers equipment, trail riders and others. The interesting question that was raised was do they then get an opinion on what should be done with the funds regarding hunting and fishing and environment.

More tax dollars can be generated by enforcing the required registration sticker laws for boats. snowmobiles, ATV's, UTV's, and the fee for any boats or non motor form of transportation on all government owned property, waterway, and right of ways in the state. The runners, hikers, roller blades, skiers, and other forms of recreation should be required to a fee system all so.

Back in the day, they had a fee to use county parks. You could pay one fee and get a sticker for your vehicle for the year or you could pay a one day fee at the park. This was back in the mid to late 80's. I had no problem paying it and it also had the other park users paying to use the areas also. Don't know wht the DNR stopped it?

Top Bottom