Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DWGH Farm Projects Thread 2018

It's sad. You pretty well summed it up. The MWT forum im on is littered with people that go at it non stop on pros vs cons on the whole thing. I looked up IAWT so that I could escape that nonsense. But hey, still better than MI :D

THAT'S A VERY ACCURATE STATEMENT!!!!!! :)
I have a good buddy that lives and hunts up there and have been trying to talk him into coming down for years. He is near Hanover and gets a look at some pretty good deer for MI. I think he is finally going to come down for a week this fall.
The two guys that I have down to bowhunt are also from MI and great guys. Ive pretty well determined that besides lots of snow and terrible deer hunting its a pretty great place to live. Im no fisherman though, so It doesn't appeal to me very much.

I think "MISSOURI" is an Indian word for "WASTED POTENTIAL"! ;) Didn't I hear that somewhere?!?! (ok, maybe I made it up).
Ya, it's crazy, when I cross into MO - the ground looks SO GOOD!!! Then, all my buddies show me the quality of deer - it's so incredibly different, it's mind boggling. Preaching to the choir here I know. You all have 10x the good habitat that Iowa has but the vast majority is EXPLOITED, just like you said, chasing the dollar. So unfortunate. If MO protected its resources from exploitation, everyone down there would have so much better hunting it's insane. Common sense changes.
As it sits now, in MO (many friends have ground there or hunt there).... Leased up & locked up way worse than Iowa. Early Nov - PEAK RUT, rifles out - that's what destroys that state's potential. Multiple bucks for anyone BUT - again, it's the rifles peak rut that's the game changer.
It makes me scratch my head how they can't look across the border & see how much better Iowa does on QUALITY FOR EVERYONE with 1/10th the habitat/land?!?!?!? Our public ground is 5x better than most the private in MO.
Sorry on the rant, I know you know this & no reason to beat a dead horse. I just wish you all would FIX it. It's so obvious to anyone with a brain BUT finding government, insurance & old school is a tough battle.
ANYWAYS, back to the good thing.... You have an awesome thing going on and folks like you, doing what you're doing, are the folks that will have a shot at quality hunting. That work will pay off, keep at it and well done!

I'm from Missouri as well, and you would not believe the pushback you will get if you ever mention moving rifle season out of the heart of the rut. Common answer..."They'll just get shot 4 weeks later" or "they'll be easier to kill...just need a food plot".

I'm from Missouri as well, and you would not believe the pushback you will get if you ever mention moving rifle season out of the heart of the rut. Common answer..."They'll just get shot 4 weeks later" or "they'll be easier to kill...just need a food plot".
UR ON MWT !!!! You know all about it hahaha

Wow!!!!! U can’t fix STUPID!!! Omg!!!!! I didn’t realize they added more season yet!!!! Guess nothing shocks me anymore.

Ya- I grew up in MI & spent my younger years hunting there. I did see a few deer while I lived there and actually shot a few!!!!! Hunted about 7-8 counties in the state and the best one was still a circus and total disaster.
MI is a great place to live.... as long as you do NOT enjoy hunting or fishing or want to have a quality hunting or fishing experience! ;). I’m serious- there was major competition for even rabbit hunting when I was growing up. We did have decent salmon fishing that went up and down but only when the DNR spent a fortune stocking it. Yep- I shot a few ducks, a few bucks, every small game species known to man BUT its a total mess. The only good part left is the gorgeous town of Detroit!!! Beautiful!!!

Ya- on MO logic- I’ve heard that same crap!!!! :). Not like they can look across the border to the north to actually see FACTS & how their theories actually play out in REAL LIFE. Facts don’t matter when u can’t fix stupid! ;)

My buddy in MI just told me yesterday that MI DNR extended gun season an additional 2 weeks and added a 4 day rifle season October 11-14
o_O

I think this is fake news. I stay pretty well connected with many friends back there.

If Missouri would "Fix it" when it came to their regs I would buy a farm there in two seconds. In time, it could be as good (if not better) than Iowa.

What are you doing with your water tank?

Mo will never get the gun season off the rut. Just like Iowa will never get rid of party hunting. There are over 500,000 gun hunters in Mo, that say no to moving the season.

I think this is fake news. I stay pretty well connected with many friends back there.

If Missouri would "Fix it" when it came to their regs I would buy a farm there in two seconds. In time, it could be as good (if not better) than Iowa.

What are you doing with your water tank?
Water tank is for filling up my sprayer tank without having to haul water to the farm every time. No rural water at the road. Double edged sword, but because of this there's not much traffic. I have a mobile nurse tank I'll just have to fill it with a couple times a year.

The war rages on. Woke up at 4 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got started on fence and took inventory on what parts I needed. Should be able to finish up before the weekend is over.
Electric fencer.jpg

I love this. Guys- this is PROJECTS DONE RIGHT!!! Hard work that will pay off. Someday dwgh is gonna post a pic of some slob he connects with - Not a coincidence! If anything - that’s a lot of work that really is giving to ur whole area. Well done and keep it coming!

I love this. Guys- this is PROJECTS DONE RIGHT!!! Hard work that will pay off. Someday dwgh is gonna post a pic of some slob he connects with - Not a coincidence! If anything - that’s a lot of work that really is giving to ur whole area. Well done and keep it coming!
That's the hope and the prayer.
I've always hunted hard but never had the ability to do EVERYTHING and have FULL CONTROL over making a farm turn key until I bought my own. To me its way more than just hunting. There's never a day that goes by that I'm not thinking of what I can do to make that piece of dirt better. I literally lose sleep over it, this morning was a prime example. :D

That's the hope and the prayer.
I've always hunted hard but never had the ability to do EVERYTHING and have FULL CONTROL over making a farm turn key until I bought my own. To me its way more than just hunting. There's never a day that goes by that I'm not thinking of what I can do to make that piece of dirt better. I literally lose sleep over it, this morning was a prime example. :D
That’s the American dream come true!! Was my dream since I was a kid too. Congrats & u r doing it right!

This dude man an appearance this evening while I was leaving #the farm . There not many around here so it’s nice to see.
I got all the fence up, just have a few finishing touches and she’ll be ready to roll.
IMG_4999.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom