Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best blind for the money

shooter42

I am looking to put up a box blind this year. I have the poles to make a platform about 10-15 foot off the ground and my thoughts are to anchor the blind to the platform. It is going to be over looking a food plot and I would like to bow hunt and late muzzle loader hunt out of it.

I am in between buying one and making one. I am on a budget but am willing to spend a little more for quality and something that will last.. That is why I am leaning towards buying one and not making one (my carpenter skills are a little rusty).

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

If you want a decent one that won’t break the bank but last, the Redneck soft sided blind would be great! Can mount it right on the platform you make, strong metal frame, tough outside fabric and zippers. The frame will last forever, and then if you take the cover off after season and put it back on before season. That will last you a long time too. Also, it would allow you to both bow and gun hunt, as it has the vertical and horizontal windows. The see through mesh is also an added bonus for sure! We love ours!!!

I'm a fan of the Sportsman's Condo line of blinds made by Southern Outdoor Technologies. Not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive. Lots of sizes & styles. I have a couple that are 9 or 10 years old and zero problems or maintenance...

Check with Jim Mathias with Lick Creek these are some nice blinds for the money. Built how you want in Iowa. They have really refined these over the years nice product.

62f55383d7b8ada752f4d0a158c60e9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just received our first shipment of the new Muddy 360 Soft side blinds and towers yesterday
Blind with a 10' tower for well under $1000. (pictured with a 5' tower - available for even less)
I'll try to find time to get one assembled in the next week or two so you can come check one out.
We also have the full hard sided Bull blinds on hand if you want something more permanent.

BBB0750_Soft_Sided_Box_Blind_windows_min__33761.1518032689.1280.1280.png

Keep an eye out at your neighborhood Menard's store after the hunting season is over. I always buy my ladder stands there for 1/2 price. This year I was on the look out for a Box blind/ I bought a Maverick 6 shooter blind (hard plastic blind) They had a huge sale $300 off.

^^^ Agreed. We found one of the Mavericks on closeout at a local Menards a little over a year ago, and ended up buying it very cheap after some bartering :) I bought the mounts for the corner posts and built a short platform just high enough to see over the food plot. Works well, and the only thing I did after taking this pic was to paint the outside of the blind windows black, which has made a big difference when deer hunting! The blind comes with clear plastic inserts that you can replace the windows with so you can see through them. Only rap I'd have on the blind is that it is just a bit tight for bowhunting. I'm 6'1" and can draw a bow in it, but it's close. If a guy had a wingspan just a few inches less, it wouldn't be an issue at all. It's primarily a gun hunting blind on this farm, but we have bowhunted out of it as well. But overall, not a bad blind considering we've got less than $600 invested...

upload_2018-6-6_5-31-38.png

We just received our first shipment of the new Muddy 360 Soft side blinds and towers yesterday
Blind with a 10' tower for well under $1000. (pictured with a 5' tower - available for even less)
I'll try to find time to get one assembled in the next week or two so you can come check one out.
We also have the full hard sided Bull blinds on hand if you want something more permanent.

BBB0750_Soft_Sided_Box_Blind_windows_min__33761.1518032689.1280.1280.png
Whats your price on muddy bull blind

Top Bottom