Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Draw Results Posted

Jdubs

NR draw results posted yesterday. Even though only a few NR post here now I thought I would share the news.

I thought 3 PP would get me a NR tag this year for zone 6 but I was unsuccessful. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait one more year!

3pp for zone 6 appears to be the split. Some drew archery with 3 and some did not draw with 3. Point creep continues.

NR draw results posted yesterday. Even though only a few NR post here now I thought I would share the news.
We actually have a pretty large NR base here & lots of membership across country. :)
I DREW!!!!!! 3 buck tags!!!!!!!!! Oh wow- what a day!!! U guys get to be excited every few years while some of us live that dream 365!!! Ha! ;). Kidding. (Kinda). Good luck guys and enjoy ur trip here to all that drew!!

That doesn't make any sense. He had a point because I bought it for him last year...now he has 2 points.
The one thing I don't know is if there is a allocation specific for shotgun vs. muzzleloader NR tags.

1dc6642ea502fe2658072e6d64f0201b.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tried for Zone 4 for with 3 points this year, and was a no go for both myself and my bro-in-law. Next year should be a guarantee at least!

Drawn for bow in Zone 1. My wife's family has a farm east of Lake Okoboji. Are there decent public areas as well around here?
Plan on being back start of Nov for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Drawn for bow in Zone 1. My wife's family has a farm east of Lake Okoboji. Are there decent public areas as well around here?
Plan on being back start of Nov for 2 weeks.

Thanks
Not real familiar with that part of the state, as I'm clear over on in eastern IA. I think that is a tough area, not a lot of cover. Might look into getting a copy of the Iowa Sportsman's Atlas that shows where public land is: http://www.sportsmanatlas.com/ If relatives have land and it has some cover, I think you should be good. Best of luck.

Thanks,
We do have good cover and also a nice piece over the Des Moines that is timber up to the field.
I will check out the atlas as well.
Thanks again

My dad and I both drew Zone 4 archery this year. This will be our first trip to Iowa. We went down and scouted a couple tracts of public in February knowing we would have a good chance at a tag with 3 points. We found several good spots deep in the timber but I would still like to secure a lease this year if possible. Anyone know of any affordable leases in Zone 4 with descent potential?

After drawing last year, I bought me a point and started the cycle over again. Hopefully I can make the trip in 4 yrs, and not 5.

Top Bottom