Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lifting box blinds

Tmayer13

Hey guys just wondering how you are getting box blinds up? Without a tractor I am not sure of how to get it up there. Attatch blind to platform and lift? What are the ways you have done this? Most likely I will have an 8ft tall platform...thanks for any info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The ones I have done involve attaching legs to blind and enlisting 3-4 able bodied helpers to tip it upright. Good luck & be safe!

Hey guys just wondering how you are getting box blinds up? Without a tractor I am not sure of how to get it up there. Attatch blind to platform and lift? What are the ways you have done this? Most likely I will have an 8ft tall platform...thanks for any info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man I think you going have a tough time with a tractor or equipment. No place you can rent something or a neighbor to help you.

Do you have large trees withing 20' or so of the blind locale and a four wheeler with a winch/winch? If so get approriate rated cable, pulley and chain to attach to four wheeler or winch to hold in place as you winch it vertical. I have done this on 4 blinds and they are 14 to 16 feet off the ground. Have the pulley attached to the tree as high as you get it and chain it to the tree, lag bolting it may work but a chain bolted around the tree attached to the pulley will for sure not pull out.

Have a connect cable to the blind, run through the pulley and a connector at the end of the cable. Have 4 wheeler/winch backed a ways from there tethered to something from the rear. Extend winch cable out to at t least as many feet as the tower is to make sure you have enough cable to pull it op. If you can have the winch/4 wheeler higher than the base that will help angle of pulley connection tension and it will go that much smoother.

Have a couple buddies with ropes attach to the top of tower platform to help guide as it goes up. Do it real slow and it should go well. NO problems with the 4 I've done this way.

If no trees around then if you can disassemble the blind into individual walls and roof, you can piece it back together on the platform. I have done this with 2 other box blinds I have built.

Top Bottom