Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grass help..

Snooter

Hey all, need some help identifying what grass I’m dealing with in my clover. I hit this stuff with Clethodim a couple months ago and it didn’t phase it. I keep mowing it down and keeps coming back in no time. What else can I spray it with that won’t kill the clover??

Look into imazapic. If you have mostly white clover, then it can be applied post emergent. I would not give up on clethodium or one of the other grass selective such as arrow 2EC. Make sure you add correct surfactant per label. That is key to post emergent plants application.

Sedge grass! Actually not a grass at all. It's a nutsedge (probably yellow nutsedge). It really like wet spots. Clethodim won't touch it. Sedgehammer will kill it in your yard but not sure how the cloverwill stand up to it. Spot spraying with a heavy dose of glyphosate and reseeding the bare spots has worked best for me.

Just thought of one we ran experiments on a few years ago to control nuts edge in clover. It was basagran. Worked well on research plots.

Ugh, it’s eveywhere in there.. am I replanting with all three of those options? I might just roast it all and start over since I’d be reseeding a lot of spots. Sucks! :mad:

Imazapic or basagran and you should not kill clover. White clover is also tolerant of light applications of glyphosate but it will brown up.
I would spray now with basagran and over seed first before starting all over.

Top Bottom