Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Welter Seed Mix

Hsmaross

So I was looking through their catalog. Wondering if anyone has used their "Big Buck Brassica Mix"? It seems to have what I was thinking I wanted. If anyone has used it, what are thought/results from using it?

I personally wasn't that big of fan of it.

It doesn't have enough bulb producing brassicas in it for my liking. It's more of a forage blend.

I think the Big Buck Brassica Mix and their Big Buck Annual Mix are both decent mixes. Whether the deer are foraging or chomping on the turnips in the ground, they seem to like both options. There are other options out there but I like that these come from Iowa.

I used it for the first time last year, and it will also be the last. I don't know how to describe it, but it was different than traditional turnips, and deer definitely did not use it like they have straight PTT...which is what I'm going back to in the brassicas plot this year.

I used it for the first time last year, and it will also be the last. I don't know how to describe it, but it was different than traditional turnips, and deer definitely did not use it like they have straight PTT...which is what I'm going back to in the brassicas plot this year.

What he said.

I had a gorgeous one acre stand of this stuff last year. It was a total bust until the brutal cold temperatures hit in late December, then BOOM. It made for some fun late muzzleloader sits, and I pulled 7 sheds out of it, but for 90% of the season it was a huge disappointment and I would definitely choose another blend in the future.

Top Bottom