Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Am I The Only One?

...who seeds brassica plots, then refreshes the radar on your computer/phone regularly every day there's even a chance of rain? Seriously, this is stupid :D

We narrowly missed again so far today :(

NWBuck
Agree 100% !!! I'm in the same boat. Looks like winter Rye and peas for my plots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I bet i refreshed the KCCI radar 398 times yesterday! Ive been lucky to receive some decent rains since I planted on the 27th but germination wasnt very good...I think it was so dry when i cultipacked I buried the seed a little too deep....dang it!!!! oh well hopefully it will take off here after the whopping .2" yesterday:mad::mad:.....in the words of DBLTREE " Rye to the rescue"!!!

Hello, my name is Dave and yes, at certain times I am a compulsive "radar watcher". :)

The last two years in particular have been very frustrating for those of us with land in the Wapello and Davis County areas of the state. It has been quite startling to see how many storms stay north, die out, etc. This year is better than last year, but that isn't saying much. I had a pond built that was completed in July, 2016, and it has never been filled up...aarrgghh! But we have gotten just enough rain this year that not everything is dead or dying...but that is about it. Crazy stuff.

I know I do. I even watch prior to time my seedings second half of July just prior to a rain!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

“The only one”..... I refresh: weather.com, weather.gov, weatherunderground.com, accuweather.com & weatherbug - ya, I’d say I fit the profile of “that guy has PROBLEMS!” ;).

I got 7/10th’s last night. :).

I have concluded - the weather prediction business is wrong more than they are right though... this year better than last. The one business u can be wrong constantly and stay in business!!!! These are the guys that can’t get the forecast right for this weekend but want me to believe global warming will be “xyz” degrees warmer in FIFTY YEARS based on their predictions and forecasts!

Imagine how the farmers are when their family depends on rain to put food on the table. Most of us are just worried because of our lack of rain for food plots. I will be switching everything over to Triticale or Winter rye in two weeks unless a Monsoon happens near Brighton.

Above average rainfall throughout the spring into late June. We have had approximately 3 rainfalls of less than 0.2” since the second week of July despite a handful of times the forecasters have called for 90% of .5-1.0” of rain. Brassicas plots have been a waste as well as fertilizer applications. The last week has been an absolute scorcher with very few chances of moisture in the 10 day. Peanuts in the grand scheme of things. It’s only good plots.

“The only one”..... I refresh: weather.com, weather.gov, weatherunderground.com, accuweather.com & weatherbug - ya, I’d say I fit the profile of “that guy has PROBLEMS!” ;).

I got 7/10th’s last night. :).

I have concluded - the weather prediction business is wrong more than they are right though... this year better than last. The one business u can be wrong constantly and stay in business!!!! These are the guys that can’t get the forecast right for this weekend but want me to believe global warming will be “xyz” degrees warmer in FIFTY YEARS based on their predictions and forecasts!
I call it the Know-cast.... cause they dont F-n' Know chit...

Tim Hull, I don't think Brighton got anything yesterday. Every time I looked on radar, it was either west or east of Lake Darling. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Well, we snagged 6 tenths on Thursday, and more in the forecast for tomorrow and Monday. Even though we had part of the seed in dry ground for about 10 days, it sound like we'll be OK for now. I'm officially off of the radar watch...at least for awhile.

NWBuck

Top Bottom