Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally getting some rain!

EatSleepHunt

According to my highly sophisticated rain gauge. It is raining buckets in West Central Iowa!
The title of my next thread will probably be "how much rain is too much rain !"
Ha.
eb9935387904fb56f98df726c79c73b2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks like a wide swath across the state is going to get rain today. No excuse for those turnips not to grow this year I guess!

NWBuck

Not so fast. Yea me again the downer. Though my little area that includes Daver by the way has done alright the past few weeks for rain There are areas around SE Iowa that are still having a struggle This big rain event was first forecast for the SE Iowa drought areas. Then it shifted away. Ended up west and north. I have a friend west of me only received.45 from this mega system. We are some 7 to 10 inches in deficit so far this year. Similar for 2017

Not so fast. Yea me again the downer. Though my little area that includes Daver by the way has done alright the past few weeks for rain There are areas around SE Iowa that are still having a struggle This big rain event was first forecast for the SE Iowa drought areas. Then it shifted away. Ended up west and north. I have a friend west of me only received.45 from this mega system. We are some 7 to 10 inches in deficit so far this year. Similar for 2017
Yea my farm south of centerville received .3"(according to field view)....so far the rain totals for the year down there are a grim 15.1"....I have another farm an hour west of there that received a much needed 2" from this past system...its been a tough year along to MO border for rain this year...

7" at my place. I haven't seen rain like that in many years. Moderate to heavy for a solid 24 hours.

Rain started around noon Sunday at our house. Monday at 7am dumped the gauge out and it was topped out at 5", who knows how much more fell. Came home from work and at 6pm that night dumped another 4" out. So well over 9" of rain. Brother and dad live 20 miles away and both had the same amounts.

That 7" is a conservative number. Reports of 7-9 a few sections around me.
Had 3- 5 gallon buckets at different locations 2" from full. Last time l had that much rain was 2005.

Rain started around noon Sunday at our house. Monday at 7am dumped the gauge out and it was topped out at 5", who knows how much more fell. Came home from work and at 6pm that night dumped another 4" out. So well over 9" of rain. Brother and dad live 20 miles away and both had the same amounts.

That is amazing, do you need an ark?

Yes NWS has been promising needed rain for the SE drought all Summer. They never seem to learn it aint commin here! Thats why were in a drought. I email the DesMoines office each time and tell them to change their forecast . Eventually they have to. Funny how when heavy rains are forecast for other areas they are spot on but when they forecast for the SE it ends up somewhere else? Drought goes on.

Top Bottom