Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wishing everyone a safe season

Eeesh, that's a bad deal. I always drop a pin on Google Earth and send it to my wife. She'd send the cavalry if I was a couple hours late past dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Be safe out there fellas. Deer season ain’t too fun if serious injuries happen.

There was a story in the "Iowa Outdoors" I got the other day about a treestand fall. The guy crawled up his stand for the first hunt without pre-checking the straps. He had left the stand out all year. IMO, chains and iron are the only acceptable way to attach stands you plan to leave up, even just for a season. Straps for the hit and run portables ONLY. As I've gotten older and moved to mostly ladderstands, every one of them gets a chain around the tree when its put up, and every hang-on got chains years ago, same for climbing sticks.

There was a story in the "Iowa Outdoors" I got the other day about a treestand fall. The guy crawled up his stand for the first hunt without pre-checking the straps. He had left the stand out all year. IMO, chains and iron are the only acceptable way to attach stands you plan to leave up, even just for a season. Straps for the hit and run portables ONLY. As I've gotten older and moved to mostly ladderstands, every one of them gets a chain around the tree when its put up, and every hang-on got chains years ago, same for climbing sticks.
Yep. UV rays rot those straps. I know a guy who got into one that say a long time... it broke, he fell & is paralyzed.
The guy in article..... nuts!!!..... blood flow cut off to his legs...... when they loosened him up- the new blood flow caused his heart to stop. That’s crazy Stuff. Was wearing harness.

Top Bottom