Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New World Record?

Kudos to Saskguy for putting his family first. As long as you take the animal legally we should all be happy for the hunter.

From what I hear...it is a very legitimate possibility this year. :)
:eek:
I’d love this to happen!!!! We are “due”. I say that based on how many world record NT’s have been shot in last 20 years. Then- add to that the growing management practices around the continent for the last 20 years, im kinda surprised it hasn’t happened.

Always like eating popcorn seeing what pops up around the US & Canada, starting NOW through Jan. Fun stuff ahead this season & hope u right Daver.

• Deleted by Boonervilleusa
  • Reason: na
Show…
Could this decision set a precedent for changing the ruling on bucks from the past. The one that comes to mind for me is Sam Collora's buck. I think the net score on that buck was seriously hurt by the common base rule.

The down fall about the scoring is how the common base rule works... anyone remember the Curt Van Lith buck? Thats two points? I think then all deer should be scored the same... I remember reading they could "clearly" tell there were two tines...I am not sure how that works exactly

I bet the record falls in the next couple years- practices are widely used that just werent as common over the last decade. Or at least in my opinion....... and with zero credible reasoning behind this- im going to guess the new WR buck to fall will come from.....Indiana;)

I bet the record falls in the next couple years- practices are widely used that just werent as common over the last decade. Or at least in my opinion....... and with zero credible reasoning behind this- im going to guess the new WR buck to fall will come from.....Indiana;)

Agreed, not necessarily that a new record happens, but that just larger and more big bucks will be taken year after year. I mean Like 140+. Simply due to I bet more people now than ever are passing young bucks and are into 'managing' a deer herd or the deer on their property. This is letting a lot of would have been shot deer grow. Similar to skips thread with the trail cam, I think passing up young bucks is more popular now than ever and is not showing any signs of slowing down.

Top Bottom