Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Topo Mapping

cybball

I'm looking at buying my first piece of ground. Going out to walk it, but wanted to get all the recon I can done first. Is there a good place to find a topo map? I've looked around online and am just not having great luck.
Thanks!!!
Jason

Good luck with your purchase ! Check out. Northwoods mapping they have awsome maps any size and they will laminate for you ! I use dry erase marker on mine to show stands . plots . trails . ect.ect . i used alot to lay out my farm to make a plan. Before cutting or planting any thing and you can always change it !! Good luck

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I second Onx. Can use on desktop or mobile. For use when scouting or walking properties it's hard to beat and then if you buy a piece you can have one printed. I really like the hybrid that combines topo with aerial on Onx. And if it's a place with bad cell service you can download the maps and use them while offline. You can also sign up for a free week trial and there are plenty of places that offer 20 percent discount codes(newberg. The huntingpublic. Wired to hunt).

Some good answers already...but I have also used Planimeter and Beacon Maps with good success too. If you are scouting new properties I would recommend learning as much as possible about the prospective neighbors...and Beacon can help with that...assuming your county is available. If not, check on the local county website, some have good info there too.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check those sites. I've drive the spot and cell service sucks. I'll be taking either print outs or downloads. Neighborhood seems pretty good so far. The place has a lot of ravines. I'm concerned that if it's too full of ravines I won't be able to use it. Hoping it has some flatter spots too. By what I can tell, I think it does.

OnX Maps app that is great for mobile. its $30 per year on the app store. $ well spent for me. You can also drop pins, map out areas for food plots, and measure your trail you have walked.

I've also got OnX...you can get your state for $25 with discount code. I really like the OnX offline feature, and tracker. I've also downloaded DeerCast to see how that jives this first year...Also Hunt Wise with all my stand locations so I can log stuff in. I'm probably going overboard.

Check the county site first. My county has topo lines available and all neighbor info you’d need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom