Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DIY Ozone Closet

Hey guys, thought I'd share with ya my DIY ozone closet that I rigged up last year.
My grandmother had an old stand up closet thing she was getting rid of and I though It would come in handy for my hunting clothes. You can find a closet similiar to the scent crusher one on amazon for about $40. https://www.amazon.com/YOUUD-Wardro...3&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=stand+up+closet&psc=1
There are a couple different generators out there. I have 2, one I use on my closet and the other on my tote and in truck. Here is the link to the one that is identical to scent crusher's, same buttons, probably comes out of same factory.
https://www.amazon.com/Robolife-Dis...eywords=Robolife+Ozone+Generator+Air+Purifier
You can pretty well make this for $80 (closet and generator) vs the $300 scent crusher closet.
I added a battery powered motion light on the inside for convenience as well.
closet 1.jpg closet 2.jpg closet 3.jpg

DWGH...Are you concerned about the strings on your bow? Great idea, i just didn't know if this would have an adverse effect. I know i've heard on the sitka rubber suspenders it can damage them.

DWGH...Are you concerned about the strings on your bow? Great idea, i just didn't know if this would have an adverse effect. I know i've heard on the sitka rubber suspenders it can damage them.
Not concerned about bow strings, I did it all last year and Mark Drury sticks his bow in his so I figured I'm good.
I stick my sitka bibs in there just let the top/suspenders hang out the door when I close it.

Not concerned about bow strings, I did it all last year and Mark Drury sticks his bow in his so I figured I'm good.
I stick my sitka bibs in there just let the top/suspenders hang out the door when I close it.

But Mark Drury gets a new bow, or two, every year!

Whatever floats your boat but Ozone freaks me out a bit

Great setup!

I bought one of the $25 closets from the hardware store last year and ran my generator in that outdoors.

I will admit that in terms of descenting it works better than washing your clothes, substantially. I did place a pair of boots in there that smelled terrible from being left outside. A few weeks later the soles completely separated so be careful with anything rubber, adhesive, etc that goes in there.

Kratz

Top Bottom