Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pheasant Hunting Boot

Fastfreddy16

What's everyone's go to boot? I am looking for a NON insulated boot as I already have a good insulated late season boot. I am looking for something that is light weight, waterproof and obviously comfortable. Please share any ideas.

Thanks,

FF

I don’t have a specific boot, but my favorite leather boots ever were a pair of green Cabela’s made from Kangaroo leather for tough and lightweight, and Goretex lined for waterproof.

I also love my LL Bean’s Maine Hunting Shoes. There’s a variety of heights and colors available. The leather top is flexible breathable, and lightweight, and the rubber foot is just enough for a little mud or dew on the grass. Only concern is the tread is not very ‘grippy’. Which is good for not picking up mud, but can be a little slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just go with a pair of Keen’s, waterproof, super lightweight, don’t break the the bank and can be worn for other activities. Other manufacturers out there that make similar style.

Irish setter makes some really good upland boots.. I've never had any danner boots, heard good things though..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wear Muck Field Blazers. I end up crossing a lot of small creeks during a typical pheasant hunt, and the 100% waterproof and extra height over a lace up make it my choice. If you had foot, ankle, or arch issues, you'd probably want something different.

NWBuck

Bought my first pair of Crispis and I have never found a better more comfortable boot. Worth the money.

I've had a pair of Danner pronghorns for probably close to 10 years now and I have loved them. Last spring when I was putting on lots of miles shed hunting they started to hurt my feet if I wore them more than two days in a row. I use to run in high school and college and don't run anymore so I think that probably has something to do with it. I bought a pair of Crispis for elk hunting a month ago and they are pretty good. I still need to put a lot more miles on them to really see if I like them or not.

Top Bottom