Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety Harness's

doublebrow

"You Cant Fix Stupid"
I'm 6'3 325 and I can't find a harness that I feel comfortbale enough to wear. I really want one for the safety part and also being able to stand to shoot. I know there has got to be an option any opinions or experience i appreciate

I'm about 6'4" but not near as "healthy" as you. :) I'm just north of 200 lb, but I know what you're talking about. Some of those harnesses will put the hurts on some areas you definitely don't want it! The more cold weather clothing the worse it gets.

I finally went to an industrial supplier (Grainger) and got one. Plenty to choose from and plenty big enough. Not going to find camo but black is fine.

I'm 6'3, 285. I use a Muddy harness, but dont' recall the model. I think some of the fit issues have to do with body type. I'm tall through the torso. My harness has plenty of adjustability for me. Find something that works. Many stands are only rated to 300, so by the time we put gear and clothes in the stand with us, we're pushing the limits on many of them.

I have large Hunter safety systems - I’m 6’ 185. I can adjust so it’s super big. Way too big. I bet XL would do it for u. I’ve had HSS ones for 4-5 years and liked em much better than any others I tried. But- I didn’t compare to industrial ones like grainger. That probably be what I’d look into. Be safe!

I have a Muddy Crossover still in the box in XL, rated for up to 325 I believe. Let me know if you are interested in it and we can make a deal.

Kratz

I'm 6'3, 285. I use a Muddy harness, but dont' recall the model. I think some of the fit issues have to do with body type. I'm tall through the torso. My harness has plenty of adjustability for me. Find something that works. Many stands are only rated to 300, so by the time we put gear and clothes in the stand with us, we're pushing the limits on many of them.

From what I've read the weight is usually more for liability purposes. Most will hold much more per the engineering standards that are put forth. Lots can hold 2-3 times the amount rated for...although I'd never test that theory lol

From what I've read the weight is usually more for liability purposes.
Absolutely... I am an engineer. The rating for stuff like that would be probably more like 4-5 times.(just a guess. There is for sure a standard that covers it...) It's definitely a CYA situation. Slightly frayed, impact over the edge of stand ect.

Top Bottom