Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lighted knocks, who uses them?

hillrunner

PMA Member
My brother was able to find a buck 24 hours after shooting it by going out in the dark and spotting the lighted knock. He had walked within 10 yards of the buck that morning while searching. This has me seriously considering trying them. I also like the idea of more easily finding the arrow after a shot.

Does anyone have any reason not to use them? Do they affect arrow flight at all?

I use them and found no effect on arrow flight. I sailed one over the back of a buck in the morning and found it after dark the same day in a picked corn field. It may have saved ruining a tire, so that was a positive in that situation and didn't piss off the farmer. I have also had one buck that the arrow stuck in the far leg and when he went down it was standing straight up and that eliminated any tracking with it being visible from 100yds.

Only issue I have had is durability. I finally found one that I have had good luck with in the nockout, easiest to turn off, good price and so far for 2 years very durable. Also easy to put in stand by mode where they won’t activate when target shooting

Nockturnals = absolute junk btw in terms of durability and customer service

Absolutely use them. I found they are a slight bit heavier than a normal nock (20 grains) in which may affect arrow impact slightly from arrows with regular nocks. I bet once you use them you wont want to not use them for hunting ;)

I'll never go back to hunting without them, unless the state I'm hunting in declares them illegal (not sure if CO changed their rules on lighted nocks). I have always used Nockturnals and saw their quality dip when Rage bought them. I switched to Two Guys Bow Shop(?) based on a suggestion from Jarin nad they were great, but I can't find them anymore. I've since gone back to Nockturnals and haven't had any durability issues, but I've never had to call their customer service, either. I recently told a buddy that he needed to switch to lighted nocks because it was difficult tracking his shots. Lighted nocks are extremely useful out west where shots are commonly 50+ yards.

Last year i thought I'd cut the weight and the expense. The first "where did that arrow go" and I'm using lighted nocks again :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I use nocturnals and consider them a must have. I can better see point of impact, and consider it insurance on finding the arrow. 10 dollar broadhead, 10 dollar arrow, I'd rather spend an extra 10 on the nock to be sure I find it rather than gamble the 20...

Yeah I can’t find the Two Guys ones anymore either. Nocturnal burnt my ass bad so I am a latte jaded by the quality and interaction with CS. I like the Nockouts as practice mode is easy and they turn on every time (so far)

I do think they are a must regardless of the brand. I see zero difference in shooting out to 50yds in terms of arrow flight

Also on a funny note a few years ago I smoked a buck and left my bow laying on the ground dragging him out. I forgot to go back and get it and about midnight that night remembered I left it on the woods. Jumped in the truck and made the hour drive to go pick it up. Was pretty easy to spot with the lighted nock still on. Lucky no one else saw it

I put a small strip of reflective tape just before my nock . In the dark just shine your flashlight in the direction of your arrow and it can be seen for a hundred yards or more.

Reactions: dtr
I also just bought some glory nocks. Shot them in the yard and they seem like they want to fall off the string very easy. Work every time but dont think I'm gonna use them due to them having me paranoid now

Top Bottom