Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Business is picking up...

Went out Saturday evening and I heard some brief antler rattling. Should be a good week to go sit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The big fella I saw Sunday night was nose to the ground and on a mission. I'm looking forward to the next weekend!

On a 400yd walk in Friday evening I counted 16 fresh scrapes. Last night I hunted and had a nice 3 year old tear up a scrape line and shred some trees in front of me for about 15 minutes. Definitely getting a bit closer. Looking forward to a nice cold Halloween hunt.

I would agree with the above comments, hunted NE Iowa Friday threw Sunday, found a bunch of new scrapes and they are working them hard, moved a trail camera to capture some pics and all I can say is if he shows during daylight I may need a new heart and liver after the recovery!!

My land here in SE Iowa a couple old rubs from weeks ago No scrapes. Not much sign at all. Am I in Iowa ? Home of tremendous buck hunting? Maybe just too early.

High winds last weekend had the deer skittish in my area but I did see a couple young 8 pointers pushing each other around and hitting some rubs. There was also a mature 10 pointer harassing a doe. He must be as excited for things to heat up as the young bucks.

Checked some cams last night and fresh rubs and scrapes are popping up like crazy. Had a shooter on cam 3 days in a week and twice during shooting hours......so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The double section I hunt only has one 160 that has corn out. There is 7-800 acres of corn still in surrounding the timber.
I may sit a waterway that they sometimes travel this weekend.

Property next to me had 6 bucks come by last night. No shooters but they're on their feet more around Winterset

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watched a stud through the binos Tuesday night work a scrape for 15-20 minutes. Smaller buck showed up, bigger buck advanced a few steps, smaller buck retreated. Here we go!!!

Top Bottom