Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Day to Hunt Within The Next 2 Weeks

Gentlemen:

Weather forecast for Nov 5-6 isn't too exciting, given the rain forecast, but its the magic week, and I'm not afraid of melting.

Wednesday high pressure starts to build - time to be in the tree.

With a limited quantity of vacation time I am inclined to stay at work Mon and Tues to save 2 vacation days for the following week, keeping Nov 7-9 intact as time off.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Randy

Wouldn't worry much about rain forecast. I know it is me the always dry guy. But since the beginning of the month when it wouldn't quit rainin has not rained more than a trace my area for 3 wks. Main storm track is East of Iowa. any rain in the forecast will be very light.

NOV 5-20 - every year. Before then: when super cold. Not during then when super warm & will have a lull in there somewhere. Good luck !

I will hunt in the rain unless it is a downpour every day after Halloween. You MUST be in a tree somewhere during those days. If it is pouring I jump in one of my blinds and once it subsides get back in.

Nov. 8 is going to be "the day". That's my one eyed prediction. We are stuck in low pressure right now. 11/8 forecasted to climb to 30.35! Sit ALL DAY.

Due to work load, I had to move 2 days of PTO from the front of my week off to the end (Nov 6&7 to Nov 13&14). Hopefully it doesnt hose me weather wise. I think it should b fine though.

As for 'The Day'... Every morning I wake up early to go to the stand, I tell myself, today is the day. Because any day could b 'The Day'. The only way I'll find out is by getting out there and putting in the time. Accurately predicting it from the recliner or home office is impossible. Activity tends to be like anual clockwork in certain areas, no matter what the weather, pressures or moon phases, but no telling if deer will be passing within shooting range unless u get out there and hunt.

Woke up to 65 degrees this morning, Tuesday morning was 34 degrees. It's time, no what the temperature or weather conditions they will still be active looking for does. Every day or any day possible from here through Thanksgiving and anytime of the day.

Top Bottom