Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ended the drought!

Crittix

Crittix
Buck 2018.jpg November 2018 couldn't come soon enough for me this year. The first bow season for my oldest daughter, and her and I and my brother in law were headed to Van Buren county. Our trip was going to be only 3 days total to hunt so we made the most of it and hunted hard despite the cold. Fortunately, we missed the week of straight rain but just in time for the cold and snow. All the rain made us shift to plan B, which worked out well for us as each set up presented shots at bucks and does alike. My daughter learned so much in those few days that even if we had been skunked, the trip was worth it! She learned how well deer can see especially if you're moving too much! The last day of our trip ended in me tagging out, taking a doe and this buck at the end of the day. Finally ending my bow season drought! The brother in law and the daughter didn't have the same luck as I did but the experience was great and the time spent together was priceless. We still have time left to tag them out! Back to the stand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom