Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mature deer

zvholk

Last week I shot this big old buck with not a very impressive rack.
At first light I heard him grunting Like pig after a doe.
I couldn’t really see his rack but could tell he had a big body. I put the binoculars up and could see his main beams were outside of his ears so I made up my mind that I would shoot him if given the chance.
I did a short doe bleat and she started my way with Him close behind. They stoped at 30 yards but he was completely covered by a big oak tree, it was at that time I drew my bow and just as I get to my anchor he stepped forward. I settled the pin, and let the arrow fly.
As he was running off I was thinking the shot was too far forward ( I have had problems hitting the shoulder in the past)
As I sit back down I look over to my left and there is a Beautiful 150 inch deer standing 25 yards from me. ( hope I can get a shot at him with my muzzleloader)
I stayed in the tree for about 2 hours Before I got down to see if I could find blood and my arrow. I started walking the trail I thought he went and could find nothing. I was thinking to myself “here we go again! I’ve been down this road before” I slowly make my way 40 yards over a little hill and there he was.
He is the biggest bodied deer I have ever shot. I got nearly 50 pounds of deboned meat off of him.

01e933c70c722d748f6196e20c8bfef1.jpg

d8731c8f91ab2be56607b4aad5e176de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome!!! I’d shoot that buck any day he walked past me. No Brainer. Old, smart & great accomplishment. He’s ripe to come out. & make room for younger deer. Well done, congrats!!!

Top Bottom