Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

7 Year drought ---Ended

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
I've been gone for a long time from this forum. I use to check it daily during hunting season but only having public land to hunt and my lack of seeing bucks let alone shooting one I kind of stopped checking in to keep from getting so discouraged that I didn't want to hunt anymore. There are some great bucks on here and just the posts about seeing multiple per sit when I wasn't seeing any was killing me.

Anyway I bought a new house that is more rural and I now have timber that isn't pressured like public and have been seeing lots and lots of deer and actually can say I've passed a few that I would have definitely shot on public land. Well, I let one fly yesterday, first release at a deer since 2011 and I couldn't be happier. Feeling really blessed to be able to walk out my back door and go hunting.

Hope everybody is having a great season and no tag soup in your future (Lord knows I've had my fill of it)

IMG_3084.jpg IMG_3088.jpg

Nice buck! Private ground can start to spoil you if all you've ever hunted was public.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sweet buck! Congrats on the success! I didn't tag a buck from 2011-2016 and it get's a little lonesome when everyone else is killing giants every year haha. I missed a couple in there though, so I can't blame the land.

Sweet buck! Congrats on the success! I didn't tag a buck from 2011-2016 and it get's a little lonesome when everyone else is killing giants every year haha. I missed a couple in there though, so I can't blame the land.
Thanks.. I wish I could say I missed a few instead of I didn't see any worth grabbing my bow for. :)

Thanks.. I wish I could say I missed a few instead of I didn't see any worth grabbing my bow for. :)
Yeah that would be tough for sure.... If it makes you feel any better, I botched a shot just last night on one of my known shooters. Hit high shoulder.... Will continue looking, but what we found late last night was anything but promising.

Dandy buck, glad you ended your drought and hope you can keep the streak going. Tag soup gets old pretty quick, 7 years I would have lost have my body weight....

Top Bottom