Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wet, cold and awesome!

cybball

Got out this morning on my new piece of ground. Just going there gives me an amazing feeling having finally buying my own spot. My son set up over the hill from me. I was really glad I picked up a new rain jacket. Heard some shooting across the road in some adjoining timber. Didn’t see anything until around 8:30. Had a deer cross the road and make its way along a ravine, putting him around 60 yards out. I saw a clearing ahead of him and he stopped perfectly. I shot and he hunched and trotted up the ravine. I sent 2 more slugs at him as I knew he was hit. Texted my son and walked up to see if I could find blood. Red highway in the snow. He was laying just up the hill. Not a higher scoring buck, but I haven’t shot anything older than 2 1/2 in the last 8 years. Heading back tomorrow morning to hopefully fill my son’s tag.
a1f4aadf5b1258563ffb5e5268d20236.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather was miserable. Stopped raining for a bit though, which helped mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, even better on your own property!
My wife was going to hunt(I go along as a pack mule/advisor). She's sat in some tough conditions before, but with a respiratory infection, and the cold and wet that we were to get, she opted not to go out. I'm a die hard, but I'm pretty glad she opted out of going.

Top Bottom