Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Recovering someone elses deer

rutnstrut

PMA Member
This pic look familiar to anyone? A guy I know shot this deer 1st season and spent two days looking for it.
He pulled up on a group of hunters today and stopped to ask them to keep an eye out for it only to find out they had already found it and cut the head off to keep for themselves... The didn't tag it and they wouldnt give it back to him
Whoever you are youre a real piece of crap, this is that gentlemans first deer season after beating cancer and he shoots a good buck and does his part to look for it for 2 days and you take that from him, I hope youre real proud of "your" buck that you FOUND and didnt tag
983d0e8aa2f063bc271e7e1ff490195d.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Has happened to me couple times. I always gave back if I could find the hunter. Never had any meaning and really didn't want anything to do with it.

Call the DNR and keep us posted. It’s one thing to be a douche.......it’s another to blatantly break the law.

Last edited:
Just like everyone else, turn them in. Hope you know who they are or got a plate number on the truck?

How many days does it have to lay before you can bring it home without a tag and call it a dead head in the shed forum? It sucks but it is what it is. I do agree they should have tagged it since season is still going on.

How many days does it have to lay before you can bring it home without a tag and call it a dead head in the shed forum? It sucks but it is what it is. I do agree they should have tagged it since season is still going on.

Legally you would still have to have a tag. You could find a dead head that's been out there for a decade, legally it still needs a tag. Either a tag from hunting or a salvage tag.

There is no time limit... Legally you have to have a tag for any antlers still attached to a skull plate... No dead heads can ever be legally taken home without a tag.
Now dont get me wrong a lot of people do pick up dead heads and take them home and I wouldnt ever have a problem with that if you have no idea who shot it... But if youve ever lost a deer you know how much it sucks and Id never keep a dead head no matter how long it had set if I knew the person that had shot it but thats just me everyone has their own code of conduct, heck I wont even keep a shed to a deer someone else shot unless they dont want it for some reason.

If you dont mind me asking, what part of the state?

Southern Boone Co.
I went back myself and found the same guys hunting the same place the next day and talked to one of them who told me "Ya the guy who drives this black truck is the one who found it, were all from Perry and hunting together but I wasnt there yesterday when your buddy asked about the deer"
So I took a quick pic of the license plate and relayed it to the hunter who had originally shot the deer... Got a reply back from him saying the DNR was on it. I havent heard if anything has come of it or not though

Ah, I had a buddy hunting Chickasaw county and said his group found a big buck dead, I could have gotten some wheels moving if that would have been the case

Man , That is sad.. Hunters should be respectful to others.. I know if I was in them shoes I would do the right thing.

Top Bottom