Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cuddelink

So.... if u get the J cams- “no cell cap”. “Can’t use for cellular”. My ? Is this..... could u run, say, 8 of the J cams and get ONE G cam that has the cellular? All 8 of the J’s going to that one G cam. Would this work?

Yes that's what I recommended. I run all Jcams with one G cam that is cellular.

Looking for any input/reviews on these with the cellular set up. I just purchased the cellular base but still not sure if I want to invest in this system or return it. Wandering if the cellular sent pics are descent quality and how well they are communicating in our Iowa terrain. I have 300 acres I would like to spread them out on but will I only be able to cover a portion of that with one cellular service given the distance. I was going to start out with 4 cameras.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here's where it gets tricky. The cell cam and cell base take D batteries so the solar panel won't work until you get the conversion. Shop on their website will show model #s and pics of all of this.
So, for the cell cam & base..... Would I only need the 5109? Not both a home cell and a G cell cam? Or... do I need BOTH of those?
I do see, still no solar option for the G camera cell base.... So.... I would think- run that one close to my house so I can swap batteries more, RIGHT? Correct any of my nonsense thoughts here! :)

So, for the cell cam & base..... Would I only need the 5109? Not both a home cell and a G cell cam? Or... do I need BOTH of those?
I do see, still no solar option for the G camera cell base.... So.... I would think- run that one close to my house so I can swap batteries more, RIGHT? Correct any of my nonsense thoughts here! :)
Yes one or the other. Either the cam that is cellular which would be your home or a base cellular.

I have 8 of the j cams since feb. Guess need to update firmware or add solar panels as not impressed with battery life compared to my E series cams. I have started testing the batteries after the cam says dead batteries. Like 3 out of the 12 are actually below the 1.5 volts. Has saved me a bunch on batteries

I bought 2 sets of 4 J IR Cuddelink cams off ebay when they lowered the price to 569.99 for 4.

Set 5 out on my farm 1 day ago and pulled the memory card off the home cam in my back yard and I was so far impressed.

I do notice my 4 cams show a service level of 58, 94, 36, 78 so I'm not seeing any thumbnail pictures.

Time will tell on results.

Glad to help.

Update...I have now had 4 cuddelink and 1 cellular home base running for about 6 weeks. Battery life on the cell base is about a month for 4 D-cell batteries and considering how much work this unit does, no complaints. I put Solar kits on the 4 cams and they have been flawless. The picture quality is acceptable, nothing great but nothing to complain about. Overall, I would say Cuddeback hit a home run here.

I do have a question, how does everyone catalog the pictures off their email? I don't plan to do any card pulls until I pull cams in February.

Update...I have now had 4 cuddelink and 1 cellular home base running for about 6 weeks. Battery life on the cell base is about a month for 4 D-cell batteries and considering how much work this unit does, no complaints. I put Solar kits on the 4 cams and they have been flawless. The picture quality is acceptable, nothing great but nothing to complain about. Overall, I would say Cuddeback hit a home run here.

I do have a question, how does everyone catalog the pictures off their email? I don't plan to do any card pulls until I pull cams in February.

Personally, I save my pics to a folder if there is a deer that I want to keep the pic of, otherwise I just delete the email. Have you tried the solar charger on the cell base yet?

Google photos and use albums for however you prefer to organize. Free unlimited storage on pics and videos. Followed you around on PC or mobile device. Hard to beat that...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

my pic quality is excellent. I was surprised. Extremely good. But.... I made one important setting change. I put distance to “close”. The other ones were too bright. Close is perfect!!

I’m running J’s with lithiums until solar comes in- no cams have ran outta batteries in 1.5 months now. No failures. Only thing i might do is glue a lil bark or cambush stuff on outside so blend in. So far- I’ll admit- I’m pretty impressed.

Hi all. I'm looking for some assistance and came across this forum. I'm new to Cuddeback cameras, and definitely new to these linked cams. I bought a 4-pack of the Black Flash (J-series) cams and a CuddeLink Home unit. They've all worked well as far as sending images back to the home unit, but I'm experiencing one very serious problem: battery life.

I followed the recommended settings from the manual, and every camera has taken well in excess of 10,000 images and depleted two sets of batteries (just-bought Duracell & Energizer) in less than three days. I know Cuddeback says these will use batteries faster than regular trail cams, but this is ridiculous. Additionally, only ONE IMAGE from all four combined had any animal in it (well, there were about a dozen or so of me, so I guess that counts)! I've seen fresh deer tracks in front of all cameras, but none of them have shown up in pics. I can only assume, for the time being, that they coincidentally only showed up when the batteries were dead. Needless to say, looking at the nearly $1,000 of Cuddeback gear does not put me in a very good mood.

Any advice on settings - or anything else - that will alleviate this problem? The cameras take pics of even the smallest movement of twigs near and far, and if it's snowing they're like a crowd of paparazzi. I'll appreciate any help y'all can provide.

Thanks.

Call cuddeback and go through your settings with them on the phone and camera in hand. There might be something in your settings that can help.
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but my cams with a lower signal (further away from a linked camera) seem to drain batteries faster than ones that are close to the base or another cam. Next year I’m going to add solar chargers to my furthest cams and defiantly my cell base. I’m 2+ hours away so when I see on my report that my batteries are low it’s not easy to get over to my lease. Also, having to change batteries a lot defeats the purpose of less intrusion.

Must be the batteries. My 5 Cuddelink cams have been out about 3 weeks now and all show 'OK' battery power. One cam has taken 120 or more pictures. And another cam has taken close to that number. I did see on another forum that the guy checked the batteries when the cam said they were dead that only 1 or 2 batteries were dead and the other 10 where still almost full power. So I'm picking up a quality battery checker.

I have 8 cameras total but only 5 out on my farm at present. So one battery change for 8 cams would be 96 batteries.

My j’s with a specific setting & taking tons of deer pics r bout 6 weeks on lithiums. Guessing. No Brainer to move to solars though. Pretty happy so far. Pics look good & no issues. Maybe only thing is I “wasted” one cam to link em up. & had couple no stay straight on tree..... back is odd way to b pressed against tree. Wish it was flat or friendly surface. Any thoughts on that appreciated. Over all- Very good!!

I wanted to secure with a cable lock so I bought the cuddesafe metal boxes.
The box comes with a metal bracket that the camera back slides into. Nice and solid with no movement.

Top Bottom