Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Final Day Buck

DarkArcher

Lung Buster
It was a long trying season to say the least however it paid off in a great way. Down to the last 10 minutes of light on the final day of the season, A truly lucky hunter this year!

Lowest of lows to the highest of highs in 24 hours. The night prior my 7 year old son was with me and we had the buck we had been chasing all year broadside at 100 yds. Squeezed the trigger and nothing, fail to fire and the buck was gone. He was not a happy young man considering he found the shed from last year and everyday I left the house he wanted to know if I was hunting the “paddle” buck.

Come to find out the last day would provide me the opportunity at a much bigger buck and now we can chase the other sheds and a bigger buck next year. You can see in his smile he forgot quickly about the other buck

IMG_1080.JPGProfile.jpgIMG_1014.jpgIMG_1081.JPGIMG_1082.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a buck to take any day of the season but the last 10 minutes has to be the most rewarding seasons you've had!

Whoa! What a brute. What u guess on age? He’s got big old snout!! Kinda looks like hard rutted old buck. What an accomplishment- well done!!

Whoa! What a brute. What u guess on age? He’s got big old snout!! Kinda looks like hard rutted old buck. What an accomplishment- well done!!

Wish I knew more about his age, he did have a very thick face.

This is honestly one of the farms I hunt the hardest and run cams nearly year round. Only pics I had of him he was passing on a trail a few weeks ago. Have history with multiple deer for multiple years on this farm but he is not one of them that I can positively ID.
Found 12 sheds on the farm this past spring all them singles and None of the antlers being his.

The buck below we have last years shed and he was the target until this buck showed up at last light, things changed quickly ...Hope to find the buck below sheds this year and we would be onto year 3 of history next year. He busted one of the giant brows off....Date on cam is wrong, that was the Nov snow we got.
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0845.JPGIMG_3855.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom