Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pig slocking

muddy

I've been going to visit nannyslayer for many years and have been pretty snake bit. First 5 trips made for no pigs. Last year we killed 9 in one morning then this year I was by myself and we got 7 over 12 hours. Finally broke that hex and got some bacon.
756dcce01006fd7a941e9237c8ca4980.jpg
e27dd2f6fe5cca6067479344a511ebcb.jpg
d046d481be286cf5bbd547140067459d.jpg
3e7f7f963cee17573410a2586fd1b293.jpg
8d49cf69d5228b4f6937eaf6596885aa.jpg
5cf9d48a3deb3af4abef1c767090020b.jpg
e5ae4057de0efb01b78a41bb2f0a18c4.jpg
0396a56f39bcb6a509b9b6da718f0ad8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like a blast!!!! I am not sure we want it in Iowa. Wonder if we ever gonna get em like that? Looks awesome though & congrats!!!

I've heard from some buddies that knife hunting for hogs using dogs is a blast. You guys did quite well, looks fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks like a blast!!!! I am not sure we want it in Iowa. Wonder if we ever gonna get em like that? Looks awesome though & congrats!!!

No way possible. Iowa doesnt have large expanses of unbroken public/federal land like Mizzou. Also, the extremely rocky and steep terrain down here, with very minimal road structure works in the hogs favor.

No way possible. Iowa doesnt have large expanses of unbroken public/federal land like Mizzou. Also, the extremely rocky and steep terrain down here, with very minimal road structure works in the hogs favor.
Hope your right. I wouldn't be so sure tho. They had moved into parts of Michigan before I left that aren't that different than here in Iowa

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hope your right. I wouldn't be so sure tho. They had moved into parts of Michigan before I left that aren't that different than here in Iowa

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I guess anything is possible but the more open terrains of Iowa make them easier to find and kill. Not to say that they could show up (they have here and there) but comparing the huge expanses of national forests in southern Missouri (mark Twain is over 1.5 MILLION acres in several areas) to southern Iowa rolling hills is apples to raisins. Plus pigs have to get over I44 and I70 the Missouri river and some of the DM river. Can they do it? Have they done it? Yes. The times hogs showed up in Iowa they got killed off fast because you can see so much further, they simply don't have the rugged terrain to hide in like down south.

I wouldn't get too worried about pigs in Iowa. =)

I guess anything is possible but the more open terrains of Iowa make them easier to find and kill. Not to say that they could show up (they have here and there) but comparing the huge expanses of national forests in southern Missouri (mark Twain is over 1.5 MILLION acres in several areas) to southern Iowa rolling hills is apples to raisins. Plus pigs have to get over I44 and I70 the Missouri river and some of the DM river. Can they do it? Have they done it? Yes. The times hogs showed up in Iowa they got killed off fast because you can see so much further, they simply don't have the rugged terrain to hide in like down south.

I wouldn't get too worried about pigs in Iowa. =)

I agree with Muddy that it is not likely that wild pigs would rise to any significant level here in Iowa. In addition to the terrain features that he mentions, farmers would go all out to eradicate any significant number of them too. But...they wouldn't have to migrate here IMO. I know of a couple of situations where a regular pig escaped Farmer Brown's lot and those babies got wild and elusive fast. So a population could be spawned by even just a few escapees here...but once it is out that there is a wild sounder...they are going down one way or the other here in Iowa. :)

Top Bottom