Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camping Generator

flugge

I am looking at buying a Generator for camping when we are traveling for hunting, with our camper. Looking at 3500ish watt generator, but just cannot justify spending the money on a Honda. What are some good/comparable generators? I have heard Champion, Powerhouse, Predator... I just dont know enough about them in all honesty. I am looking for something quiet so its not blaring..any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We use the predator 3500s at work. They always seem to start up and are definitely not babied. Pretty quiet and easy to talk within 10 feet or so. I think they are pretty much a knockoff honda.

I have a 2500 W Predator. Not as quiet as a Honda but pretty dang close for a fraction of the cost. I have had pretty good luck with it, but I don't use it much.

We use a cheap Champion. Think I payed 250 for it new. A long drop cord and piece of plywood to deflect sound. However when we use it we are on private property and can set it up not to bother any of the group we are with. I would feel like an A hole using it in a camp ground like yellow river. There we have to batteries and i steal a spare out of the boat just in case.
Most of my buddies have the big Honda's and they are nice but expensive. One buddy bought a predator from HF and it is impressive so far. From what i can tell breaking them in right and watching the oil is the key.

Thanks everyone. I ordered the Powerhorse Invertor 3500 generator (was on sale 200 cheaper than normal)...Reviews were high, a friend of a friend had one that I could actually listen to it run, and decided that was the one without breaking the bank. Once it warms up, getting it broken in will be key, and looking forward to using it in Northern Michigan this summer. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom