Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Texas Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Symposium 2018 posted January 2019 VIDEO SET 18 CLIPS

There is a difference between prevalence and spread. Prevalence is how many deer get tested and how many of those tested deer are positive. If you test 10 deer and 1 is positive it is the same prevalence as testing 100 deer and 10 are positive. Both are 1% prevalence. So testing more and finding more may result in the same prevalence. It is hypothesized that prevalence in Iowa County Wisconsin based on the Lambda of wild whitetail population is at a point that the numbers of deer will not be able to re-generate itself based on hunting, intrinsic losses (cars coyotes etc) and CWD.

I don't like to keep beating up on Wisconsin but they are the poster child for CWD. The Wisconsin DNR, based on science, put forth a plan to "eradicate" CWD. They failed to get hunter buy in. As a result CWD prevalence has soared. They are testing fewer animals now than 5 years ago and finding much higher prevalence. As I said in an earlier post 50% of the bucks and 35% of the does are positive for CWD in Iowa County Wisconsin.

No big deal? They die any way? Watch the first video again and pay attention to Mr. Richards as he explains the Lambda of CWD. He brings up the isolated mule deer herd in Wyoming that has CWD and the number of mule deer in this herd are dropping faster than hunters or predation can account for.

I have never heard the 6 month to 24 month time frame . but if thats true and the fact that its been around for 50 yrs i would have to believe if all deer were susceptible to it then there would be no deer left ???

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

My ranking of options on CWD: 1.) Scientists and researchers 2.) The DNR 3.) fellow hunters 4.) my dog 5.) Brian Williams 6.) Ted nugent
in all seriousness please don't listen to the nuge he's a spook who's talking out his ass. CWD is a scary thing i suggest everyone does actual research and short of that i would suggest Randy Newburgs podcast where he has a couple of researchers on to discuss i found it pretty informing

I have never heard the 6 month to 24 month time frame . but if thats true and the fact that its been around for 50 yrs i would have to believe if all deer were susceptible to it then there would be no deer left ???

No. Most deer don’t get the disease until 1.5-2.5. The disease will kill them in the next 1-2 years. From a population standpoint most deer don’t live past the 4.5-5.5 year old time period as it is due to other factors. Factor in the prevalence rate and it’s very understandable why there is no deer extinction.

By the way, any CWD explanation by any credible researcher (Richards, etc) will echo my time period of 6-24 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well no wonder theres no effect in many parts of wi. The deer dont live long enough to get it !!!! Some areas over 90 pct yearling bucks get shot off !!! Lol!!!!

Don't think it is a laughing matter. Didn't Mad cow come from feeding cattle animal protein? An unnatural human invention. I would suspect this disease came from something similar

Go to you tube look up cwd an expert panel exposes the truth . a 47 min video one of the best tell it like it is videos buy true experts ! Pretty much explains all the hype

Not sure how to do that just search cwd expert panel exposes and im sure you will find it then please post a link for everyone thanks

I'll give it a shot. There is one on there from several years ago that was discussed on here several years ago. Didn't want to waste my time if it was the same one.

Keith warren hosts the panel says 5 months ago was put out. 43 min video hope this helps thanks

Don't think it is a laughing matter. Didn't Mad cow come from feeding cattle animal protein? An unnatural human invention. I would suspect this disease came from something similar
It came from boiling the spinal cords and brains of dead cows and making it into a feed and then fed to live cattle.

Keith warren hosts the panel says 5 months ago was put out. 43 min video hope this helps thanks

The one I found by Mr. Warren is almost 6 years old. Back when it came out I couldn't watch past the 5 minute mark when the Texas A&M professor accuses other researchers as making CWD up to line their own pockets. Still couldn't make it past the 5 minute mark.

I'll try to find the other one you mentioned.

The one I found by Mr. Warren is almost 6 years old. Back when it came out I couldn't watch past the 5 minute mark when the Texas A&M professor accuses other researchers as making CWD up to line their own pockets. Still couldn't make it past the 5 minute mark.

I'll try to find the other one you mentioned.

You’re spot on. This is garbage.

I can’t believe how many people have their head in the sand on this issue. I’m not in favor of a scorched earth policy, but some of the opinions on CWD out there are ludicrous.

I watched all 43 minutes of it. Some observations, they are deer breeders trying to save their industry. They talk about all the research they do yet they don't site any of their research. Maybe they did and I missed it. They cite states that don't have any deer farms so how did it get there? Good question, I'll speculate here but not every deer that was raised behind high fences is accounted for. I have wondered for years where the cull deer from hunting preserves go. They do talk about carcass removal from infected areas in Wisconsin and taken back to states that caused the disease to spread not the deer farms. Possibly true. They talk about the cases of CWD in Arkansas with no captive animals in the area. I believe the wild elk in Arkansas were transplanted from out west in CWD areas.

They say the obex (part of the brain) is still being tested. Iowa only tests the retropharyngeal lymph nodes.

They say no area that had CWD is now CWD free. Check out New York.

They talk about transmission through high fences from wild animals to captive, so wouldn't they want to build a second fence to keep the wild deer from giving their captive deer CWD?

They talk about live deer testing, I believe I outlined that in another post. That works well for captive animals but not wild animals. And I actually learned how live testing was done.

Something I agree with is nobody knows how many prions a deer needs to ingest to contract CWD. They site several studies where CWD was injected into brains of animals and they got CWD. I agree, that doesn't have much cross over into actual practice. There have been monkeys that have contracted CWD from eating CWD positive deer meat but I agree that there isn't a standard amount of prions to use to see if it is infectious. Reminds me of the old cyclamate cancer tests. They fed rats an amount of cyclamate, an artificial sweetener, that would take years and years for a human to consume.

Something I disagree with is their stance that baiting and feeding deer does not spread the disease. They site the nobody knows how many prions it takes to contract CWD but if the deer keep coming back to the exact same spot to eat food or lick mineral that is infected they for sure are eventually going to get a lethal dose. I believe there is a test than can detect prions in mineral sites and food piles I'd love to see a study of mineral licks positive or negative for CWD.

They talk about deer that die from getting hit by a car or shot by law enforcement testing positive for CWD and CWD gets blamed for the death. The deer has CWD, it was going to die but they die from some other complication than CWD. Two of the positives in Iowa had infections. One had an arrow wound and one had a brain abscess at the base of a pedicle. Both deer would have died from their infections before the CWD killed them. They tried to say deer don't necessarily die from CWD. No matter how you parse it CWD is a death sentence.

The panel spent a lot of time talking about the difference between CWD and EHD. Bottom line people see more deer die from EHD than CWD because they die in 1-2 days not 1-2 years and they die in one area. The deaths from CWD are more than likely spread out over time and distance not all on the same 80 acres plus those deer are infectious for that entire time. To the best of my knowledge EHD deer are not infectious to other deer.

Norway, they talk about how did the disease get to Norway in the reindeer. Good question. I heard rumors a year or two ago that it was deer urine for hunting. I dunno. I've wondered since it turned up over there how they got it. I doubt they will ever know, but it is a fact that Korea has CWD because of infected deer (elk?) that were shipped over there. They have been able to trace positive deer from deer farms in South Dakota to Canada.

Are there different strains of CWD? They think so and I do too. I wish they would have cited their research. I know a good microbiologist/pathologist/epidemiologist can look at a bacteria or virus and tell you exactly where it came from, I think there should be a way for them to identify different strains of CWD prions as well. Although the prion doesn't have any DNA I would think there would be some kind of marker that can be traced.

I can't remember if they talked about genetics and a resistance to CWD but they sure made it clear that deer farmers rely totally on genetics and nothing else to grow those racks. I'm a bit skeptical on that one but I can't say for certain.

They also went to great lengths to try and discredit a hunting family that did a facebook live thing about CWD and blamed it all on the deer farms. Please save the self righteous hyperbole for something else. They talk at length about the hidden agendas of state agencies who are trying to put them out of business and ruin their way of life. They say those hunters that say deer farms are ground zero are unwitting dupes of HSUS.

This wasn't in the video, it is my own musings, the deer farm in Cero Gordo County that was depopulated had a 79% prevalence. To my knowledge the area around the depopulated site has never had a deer test positive for CWD. So how did the deer in that enclosure get CWD from wild deer? Same goes for the enclosure down in Davis County.

All and all I do agree with a couple of things they said but over all they are trying to save an industry. I took lots of notes but my hand writing is so bad that I couldn't read some of my scribbling.

Here is a link to that video.

I challenge everyone to watch the first video with Mr. Richards then this one and draw your own conclusions.

Keith Warren, the wacko Nugent and other so called experts just put them in front of a camera and guess what..... they turn into expert biologist:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I watched all 43 minutes of it. Some observations, they are deer breeders trying to save their industry. They talk about all the research they do yet they don't site any of their research. Maybe they did and I missed it. They cite states that don't have any deer farms so how did it get there? Good question, I'll speculate here but not every deer that was raised behind high fences is accounted for. I have wondered for years where the cull deer from hunting preserves go. They do talk about carcass removal from infected areas in Wisconsin and taken back to states that caused the disease to spread not the deer farms. Possibly true. They talk about the cases of CWD in Arkansas with no captive animals in the area. I believe the wild elk in Arkansas were transplanted from out west in CWD areas.

They say the obex (part of the brain) is still being tested. Iowa only tests the retropharyngeal lymph nodes.

They say no area that had CWD is now CWD free. Check out New York.

They talk about transmission through high fences from wild animals to captive, so wouldn't they want to build a second fence to keep the wild deer from giving their captive deer CWD?

They talk about live deer testing, I believe I outlined that in another post. That works well for captive animals but not wild animals. And I actually learned how live testing was done.

Something I agree with is nobody knows how many prions a deer needs to ingest to contract CWD. They site several studies where CWD was injected into brains of animals and they got CWD. I agree, that doesn't have much cross over into actual practice. There have been monkeys that have contracted CWD from eating CWD positive deer meat but I agree that there isn't a standard amount of prions to use to see if it is infectious. Reminds me of the old cyclamate cancer tests. They fed rats an amount of cyclamate, an artificial sweetener, that would take years and years for a human to consume.

Something I disagree with is their stance that baiting and feeding deer does not spread the disease. They site the nobody knows how many prions it takes to contract CWD but if the deer keep coming back to the exact same spot to eat food or lick mineral that is infected they for sure are eventually going to get a lethal dose. I believe there is a test than can detect prions in mineral sites and food piles I'd love to see a study of mineral licks positive or negative for CWD.

They talk about deer that die from getting hit by a car or shot by law enforcement testing positive for CWD and CWD gets blamed for the death. The deer has CWD, it was going to die but they die from some other complication than CWD. Two of the positives in Iowa had infections. One had an arrow wound and one had a brain abscess at the base of a pedicle. Both deer would have died from their infections before the CWD killed them. They tried to say deer don't necessarily die from CWD. No matter how you parse it CWD is a death sentence.

The panel spent a lot of time talking about the difference between CWD and EHD. Bottom line people see more deer die from EHD than CWD because they die in 1-2 days not 1-2 years and they die in one area. The deaths from CWD are more than likely spread out over time and distance not all on the same 80 acres plus those deer are infectious for that entire time. To the best of my knowledge EHD deer are not infectious to other deer.

Norway, they talk about how did the disease get to Norway in the reindeer. Good question. I heard rumors a year or two ago that it was deer urine for hunting. I dunno. I've wondered since it turned up over there how they got it. I doubt they will ever know, but it is a fact that Korea has CWD because of infected deer (elk?) that were shipped over there. They have been able to trace positive deer from deer farms in South Dakota to Canada.

Are there different strains of CWD? They think so and I do too. I wish they would have cited their research. I know a good microbiologist/pathologist/epidemiologist can look at a bacteria or virus and tell you exactly where it came from, I think there should be a way for them to identify different strains of CWD prions as well. Although the prion doesn't have any DNA I would think there would be some kind of marker that can be traced.

I can't remember if they talked about genetics and a resistance to CWD but they sure made it clear that deer farmers rely totally on genetics and nothing else to grow those racks. I'm a bit skeptical on that one but I can't say for certain.

They also went to great lengths to try and discredit a hunting family that did a facebook live thing about CWD and blamed it all on the deer farms. Please save the self righteous hyperbole for something else. They talk at length about the hidden agendas of state agencies who are trying to put them out of business and ruin their way of life. They say those hunters that say deer farms are ground zero are unwitting dupes of HSUS.

This wasn't in the video, it is my own musings, the deer farm in Cero Gordo County that was depopulated had a 79% prevalence. To my knowledge the area around the depopulated site has never had a deer test positive for CWD. So how did the deer in that enclosure get CWD from wild deer? Same goes for the enclosure down in Davis County.

All and all I do agree with a couple of things they said but over all they are trying to save an industry. I took lots of notes but my hand writing is so bad that I couldn't read some of my scribbling.

Here is a link to that video.

I challenge everyone to watch the first video with Mr. Richards then this one and draw your own conclusions.

Great points. I definitely think New York is an anomaly though

I agree there is some "truth" in all the pod casts and videos i have watched on cwd . just a couple things that dont sit well with me! Wi had 4700 car killed deer that test positive for cwd. And all were listed as cwd killed deer ??? No a vehicle killed them. Wi. Spent tons of money trying to eradicate a 30 sq mile area of the "hot zone" with hunters unlimited tags year round hunting and sharp shooters . and today there is more deer there than when they started ???? If you listen to how fast they claim it spreads all deer in the areas from wyoming wi ill. Mi . should have it buy now. But thats not the case. My point is im totaly against eradication because. Not all the deer contract it ! What if some have genes resistant to it ?? You now just eliminated those also ? Mother nature has a way of handeling things herself . most of the time man messes things up. Just dont have alot of faith in the dnr . doung the right thing . i have seen first hand things get blown out of proportion. And millions spent needlessly around the great lakes fisheries and wildlife over my yrs that im not in favor of any extreme measures like eradication unless proven beyond a doubt that its nessesary. Good discussion !! One last point there are game farms here that have had whole herds wiped out and several years later new deer free of cwd brought back in and presto couple yrs they have it again ?? So i guess eradication is not the answer.

Interesting note here about spread to humans. I lived in N MI where TB became a threat from deer. Unlimited killing was the answer up there even though TB had been around for decades. The humans about wiped out the deer not the TB. I knew the guy up there that had the FIRST ever case of TB transmitted from an animal to a human. He had a cut in his hand when he was dressing an infected deer. He made headlines. Just a curious story of transmission. We all hope Nature finds a way to conquer CWD. I agree Nature will do a better job than humans.

Still no info on Where this came from? Why has become epidemic just recently. Started in the 1960s? where did it come from back then??

all cwd is scrapie from sheep imo. plus, science shows that ;

COLORADO THE ORIGIN OF CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION?
*** Spraker suggested an interesting explanation for the occurrence of CWD. The deer pens at the Foot Hills Campus were built some 30-40 years ago by a Dr. Bob Davis. At or abut that time, allegedly, some scrapie work was conducted at this site. When deer were introduced to the pens they occupied ground that had previously been occupied by sheep.
IN CONFIDENCE, REPORT OF AN UNCONVENTIONAL SLOW VIRUS DISEASE IN ANIMALS IN THE USA 1989
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

ALSO, one of the most, if not the most top TSE Prion God in Science today is Professor Adriano Aguzzi, and he recently commented on just this, on a cwd post on my facebook page August 20 at 1:44pm, quote;

''it pains me to no end to even comtemplate the possibility, but it seems entirely plausible that CWD originated from scientist-made spread of scrapie from sheep to deer in the colorado research facility. If true, a terrible burden for those involved.'' August 20 at 1:44pm ...end

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Colorado Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Mandatory Submission of test samples in some areas and zoonosis

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/09/colorado-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd.html

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2018

Wisconsin Hundreds Of Escapes From State Deer Farms Reported Since 2013 December 14, 2018

https://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2018/12/wisconsin-hundreds-of-escapes-from.html

MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018

Wisconsin DATCP Confirms 11 additional animals from a deer farm in Washington County tested positive for CWD TSE Prion

https://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2018/12/wisconsin-datcp-confirms-11-additional.html

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2018

WISCONSIN Captive CWD TSE Prion Lotto Entitlement Program Pays Out Again Indemnity From Taxpayers $330,000 To Farmers So Far This Year

https://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2018/11/wisconsin-captive-cwd-tse-prion-lotto.html

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2018

WISCONSIN CAVES TO GAME FARM INDUSTRY AGAIN WHILE STATE FALLS FURTHER INTO THE ABYSS OF MAD DEER DISEASE CWD TSE PRION

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2018/10/wisconsin-caves-to-game-farm-industry.html

P.97: Scrapie transmits to white-tailed deer by the oral route and has a molecular profile similar to chronic wasting disease and distinct from the scrapie inoculum

Justin Greenlee1, S JO Moore1, Jodi Smith1, M Heather WestGreenlee2 and Robert Kunkle1
1National Animal Disease Center; Ames, IA USA
2Iowa State University; Ames, IA USA

The purpose of this work was to determine susceptibility of white-tailed deer (WTD) to the agent of sheep scrapie and to compare the resultant PrPSc to that of the original inoculum and chronic wasting disease (CWD). We inoculated WTD by a natural route of exposure (concurrent oral and intranasal (IN); n = 5) with a US scrapie isolate. All scrapie-inoculated deer had evidence of PrPSc accumulation. PrPSc was detected in lymphoid tissues at preclinical time points, and deer necropsied after 28 months post-inoculation had clinical signs, spongiform encephalopathy, and widespread distribution of PrPSc in neural and lymphoid tissues. Western blotting (WB) revealed PrPSc with 2 distinct molecular profiles. WB on cerebral cortex had a profile similar to the original scrapie inoculum, whereas WB of brainstem, cerebellum, or lymph nodes revealed PrPSc with a higher profile resembling CWD. Homogenates with the 2 distinct profiles from WTD with clinical scrapie were further passaged to mice expressing cervid prion protein and intranasally to sheep and WTD. In cervidized mice, the 2 inocula have distinct incubation times. Sheep inoculated intranasally with WTD derived scrapie developed disease, but only after inoculation with the inoculum that had a scrapie-like profile. The WTD study is ongoing, but deer in both inoculation groups are positive for PrPSc by rectal mucosal biopsy.

***In summary, this work demonstrates that WTD are susceptible to the agent of scrapie, 2 distinct molecular profiles of PrPSc are present in the tissues of affected deer, and inoculum of either profile readily passes to deer.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19336896.2015.1033248

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of WTD were susceptible to scrapie.

PO-039: A comparison of scrapie and chronic wasting disease in white-tailed deer Justin Greenlee, Jodi Smith, Eric Nicholson US Dept. Agriculture; Agricultural Research Service, National Animal Disease Center; Ames, IA USA

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/prion/03-Prion6-2-Transmission-and-strains.pdf

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of white-tailed deer were susceptible to scrapie.

http://www.usaha.org/Portals/6/Reports/2011/report-cwal-2011.pdf

kind regards, terry

Top Bottom