Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whiskey barrel

Rutty

Looking to buy a whiskey barrel for my deer room. Anybody know any places in the Des Moines area that has them for a decent price?

I think Pulpit Rock in Decorah has them, they deliver beer to Des Moines once in awhile or at least they did. Maybe if they have room in the truck they could deliver it down there for you. I have no idea on cost.

The Templeton Rye distillery sells them, Google their website. Western Iowa somewheres.

I’ve worked with a couple of whiskey barrels that didn’t have a plug. The aroma they produced for a month or so was well I’ll say unbelievably good;)

Now both had no plug so after they dried out all the rings below the center fell to the floor due to shrinkage. I thought for a minute I was going to have a pile of bands and strips of wood.
I drilled a hole in each band and then secured each band back in place with a screw.
So if you get one that has no plug you just as well secure each one from the get go.

Top Bottom