Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa ICE conditions

Fastfreddy16

Has anybody been out to any farm ponds yet (atlantic area)? Was wanting to take my son fishing this weekend but didn't want to bring it up until I knew.

Grew up in Atlantic and still have family there - long ways from there now. Would move back tomorrow, but wife is a southern girl. Looks like ya'll are in the deep freeze this week - don't miss that part of it! Hope all is well in Trojan Country.

Can’t speak specific on the Atlantic area however I was south and east of there and the ice was good. 12 mile area. 5-8” depending on spots on the lake. Next couple days should really clear up any spots that would be iffy, IMO.

Can’t speak specific on the Atlantic area however I was south and east of there and the ice was good. 12 mile area. 5-8” depending on spots on the lake. Next couple days should really clear up any spots that would be iffy, IMO.

Ya think? :) :) I am just hoping that my pond does not freeze to top to bottom in one gigantic block! :) :)

There is a good snow cover over our ponds that should slow ice formation, but should have plenty of thickness to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They went out over the weekend and said their was a good 6-7 inches and most definitely added a few more the past few days. Sounds like Saturday with a high in the 40's should be a nice day to be out. It's going to feel like a heat wave!

Thanks for all your updates.

FF

I grew up a block and a half from your dad back in the day. Ol' "Ox" was a good dude! My brother was in Danny's class.

Ha - was hard to tell in your avatar with all the face paint, but knowing your family and how ya'll grew up hunting I thought it was probably you. Great buck! Hope all the family is doing well! Tell Jason I said hello. Take care bud.

Top Bottom