Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Since I cant rely on this shop, Who do you guys reccomend?

Trapshooter1

Currently Shooting a Bear Agenda 6 with all the goodies. And looking for a New bow shop, That I'll be purchasing, New Bows, accessories, arrows, broadheads, Strings, etc etc from. I'm from North East Iowa. Hour north of Waterloo. So who's any good? And will appreciate the business? Prefer a family shop. Hopefully I Dont have to buy it from Scheels or Cabelas but I will if I have to.

Double lung in Laporte city is my go to, but I think there is a pretty good shop in Decorah too-I’ve been there in the past- prymore your area

Sportsmans Unlimited is the shop in Decorah (I think), Justin used to be a frequent poster on here but has disappeared as of late. Regardless,I'd definitely recommend him. If you have a bow emergency on Nov 3rd has gunna make sure you're hunting that next morning some how

Sportsmans Unlimited is the shop in Decorah (I think), Justin used to be a frequent poster on here but has disappeared as of late. Regardless,I'd definitely recommend him. If you have a bow emergency on Nov 3rd has gunna make sure you're hunting that next morning some how
Hes in Waukon and that's who I'd recommend. The exact scenario happened to me a few years ago. Had a bow blow up due to a defect and that's how I found his shop. Great service

I'll look into the guy from Waukon. Sounds like a good guy, and willing to do what it takes. That's what I need. What brands does he carry???? Hoyt? Mathews?

Justin carries Elite and Mathews...He switched me from a long time Hoyt to a Elite... Sportsmans Unlimited, hes a VERY good guy that will get you set up.

Last edited:
Sportsman unlimited is a good spot. I was in Allamakee Co. hunting a few years ago and dropped my bow out of the stand and bent the rest up somehow. He got me fixed up and back on target in an hour.

Second Sportsmans. Best in NE Iowa by far. Small shop but top service and open when they say they will be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm from Cedar Rapids area and have also had issues with what was supposed to be a good shop (put my cams on upside down on first trip for a limb replacement, then the string they put on it stretched badly and didn't last 3 months before the servings (all of them) started separating after taking it back in to have the center serving redo after maybe 50 shots). Has anyone ever used Wapsi Valley Archery? They are the shop I was planning to try next.

I'm from Cedar Rapids area and have also had issues with what was supposed to be a good shop (put my cams on upside down on first trip for a limb replacement, then the string they put on it stretched badly and didn't last 3 months before the servings (all of them) started separating after taking it back in to have the center serving redo after maybe 50 shots). Has anyone ever used Wapsi Valley Archery? They are the shop I was planning to try next.

It's a poke but I use the iowa city scheels, but I only let 2 guys in that place touch my bow. I call and set up a time when they're going to be there. If they're not I wait.

I appreciate the kind words guys. Been working on bows for 14yrs now and love every minute of it. Building relationships and helping others out is what this is all about. We are in Waukon and sell Elite and Mathews, guns, fishing supplies,etc.... Again thanks for the kind words...

Top Bottom