Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dare to Dream The Mount of Four Draw

Ishi

PMA Member
After tagging the buck I spent five days back on the farm to enjoy nature and dream up a plan for the buck. That’s when I think the best sitting in a tree stand. I came up with a idea for a pedestal that was pretty neat and might use it for my next one if that ever happens but in the back of my mind there was something I’d seen that I was wanting but I couldn’t quite come up with it.
Later after getting home I dug around and found the picture but really put a different twist on the pedestal.

Calvin Swank of Reasnor Iowa made the pedestal and when I meet with him I said “I hope you’re good with wood”. He started to sweat and after laughing he said ya he could handle it.
I showed him the idea and he took over from there. He sent many sketches until both of us were happy. This was the first rough draft.

a7719f2239de1742494df3cec9907bc5.jpg

The planning stage took 2 months to make sure everything was thought out before the pedestal was started.
This was the final drawing before he started making the pedestal.

The wood is smooth hickory and the actual base is Corian and that part was done by my cousin that has a countertop business.

c8231f576512e60525bb49e1edfa54d9.jpg

82a995005db2496f60da20dcc09d6d06.jpg

If anyone needs a pedestal here is the link. His craftsmanship is amazing and I trust he can make about anything you can dream up.

Swank's Custom Cabinets - Home | FacebookFacebook › ... › Brand › Home Decor

15f1c4a5bf9e533931f6ba51f35eebcd.jpg

cf87c63af1c2bb622e21475ef81d12bd.jpg

56544b3132a7472409ea9cf568487eb0.jpg

The deer had a lot of broken hair on his brisket but with deer most aren’t perfect. Due to the size of him a spare cape was never a option. Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really nice. And wow, your buck looks way bigger than in the harvest forum. The harvest forum pictures didn't do him justice.

What's the significance of the lower pedestal with the tuft of grass on it?

Great question. That was made to help add to the design and break it up... kinda a flow thing and I want three tiers to the pedestal.
My goal is a small habit scene ( with this design I feel small is better to make the mind work when looking at it) and I was tired of waiting for the stuff to come in so that was a rush job. The stuff came today and I’m working on a new design currently.

Still not sure it’s going to make the cut but I’ll wait till it’s done and decide. I might post it and ask for honest answers. I suck at designing habitats :confused:

That is one of the best looking mounts I have ever seen. The design sets it apart from other pedestal mounts I've seen. Very cool.

Top Bottom