Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New dog tracking bill HF363

The part about a certified dog and handler pretty much makes this bill a business opportunity for some but almost worthless to most everyone else.
Yep. I was all for it but now I doubt it will make a difference for me either way. I'd have liked to have the option of giving my lab a shot at finding some but at this point I'll just stick with what I've been doing. I understand to get this through you have to do what you have to do but it makes me sad we have to have provisions to try to appease a few. When talking about guns we all preach about how criminals don't obey laws but when antlers are involved we need to make sure there can never be any abuse. Good luck with your bill.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

The part about a certified dog and handler pretty much makes this bill a business opportunity for some but almost worthless to most everyone else.
I agree completely!! We fought HARD against this but one know it all (who thinks all dogs bark on track and will disturb hunters) wanted this and was able to add it when we couldn’t give input.

Don’t lose hope!! We can and will work hard to give as many people as possible the opportunity to get their dog certified. This is about ethical recovery, not business.

Hopefully we can drop it in the Senate. Who knows.

I agree completely!! We fought HARD against this but one know it all (who thinks all dogs bark on track and will disturb hunters) wanted this and was able to add it when we couldn’t give input.

Don’t lose hope!! We can and will work hard to give as many people as possible the opportunity to get their dog certified. This is about ethical recovery, not business.

Hopefully we can drop it in the Senate. Who knows.

A barking dog is not going to disturb a hunt any more than a Hunter grid searching a property looking for a wounded deer. In fact, if the dog is able to stay on track, I'd say that's a lot less disturbance than guys wandering back and forth though the timber hoping to get lucky.

A barking dog is not going to disturb a hunt any more than a Hunter grid searching a property looking for a wounded deer. In fact, if the dog is able to stay on track, I'd say that's a lot less disturbance than guys wandering back and forth though the timber hoping to get lucky.

Oh I know that, and I attempted to tell this legislator that... but he didn’t listen.

In fact, he told the room that coonhounds and coyote dogs have to be certified, so why not deer tracking dogs too!!

Who will do the certification? How will it be funded? Sometimes details are important.

United Blood Trackers offers tests. I already host training days for VDD. I can easily host training days for Iowa Blood Trackers too.

Funding I’m not sure about. Costs for a 2 day VGP test is only $100 per handler so I’d hope we could manage something for that.

I’m not sure what it would cost to get a UBT judge to come out. We will figure it out.

I suspect Legislator who shall not be named hoped DNR would kill the bill with this amendment. This is important enough we need to find a way to make it work.

I truly appreciate you and your groups passion. I'll repeat details are important, fill in the blank legislation sometimes doesn't work out. One last comment from me. Your unnamed legislator helped kill one of the most important pieces of legislation we have faced in a long time. For that he gets two thumbs up

agreed. Powerful influence is nice to have when it’s on your team. I’m really happy that failed.

That doesn’t change the fact that he lied to get his way today.

Who will do the certification? How will it be funded? Sometimes details are important.
Good questions. I agree. That's why it wasn't in the proposed bill language. The house NRC members are the ones that decided to add it. I'm hoping the certification amendment can be changed or compromised in the full house vote. Until then the legislator's will continue to hear from me and my disappointment on that amendment. Its an unnecessary requirement in my opinion.

Top Bottom