Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grain Belt Express x-hairs on my farm

With all the talk of the MO public service commission's 5-0 vote granting the certificuit of convenience necessity to Grain Belt Express, I decided I'd just take a look at its path through Missouri. I'd heard some hoopla about it over the past few years but never really researched it.
Well all B if it doesn't cut through about 2600 feet of MY FARM.... Called the county comissioner who is a good friend of mine and he broke it all down to me. Long story short, former governor Nixon appointed the jokers on this commission and now Nixon is the lead attorney/lobbyist for GBS... man what a deal. Kinda pisses me off that wasnt disclosed to me by the real estate agent when I bought the place.
Great.... 200' wide x 200' tall eastment right through my big foodplot...

Wow, sorry but I am zero help on this one. I just wanted to let you know how crappy I think that is. Good luck

That sucks. I'm assuming they will be paying you for it? It will be super loud if it's like any other transmission line
Yes they have compensation formulas, but it'll never be enough unless it pays off the balance I owe on the place. Its more the idea that a private entity originally backed by Barraks crooked solyndra deal is whats fueling this deal. We are just piss ons in the fly over states to get some fufu windmill energy to the east coast so the libtards can feel better.

4 thoughts

1. That sucks... no one would want that to happen to them
2. If the realtor and or seller knew and didn't disclose... probably an issue.
3. I have a farm with a transmission line running thru it. I bought it that way so I knew what I was getting. I hardly notice it and certainly don't hear it unless I'm standing directly next to a pole and its only a low hum.
4. Poles on transmission lines are pretty far apart. you may not have any of those to even worry about.

The easement should be listed as an exception on your owners title insurance policy and if you have a lien on the land your lender should also have a title insurance policy showing the easement as an exception.

Top Bottom