Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Hunt That Almost Didn’t Happen!

OOBoneCollector

Moved back to Iowa in December after 11 months in MN. Was itching at the bit to get out 3rd season after tax season (I work as a tax accountant at a firm in DSM). I went to scheels to get my license on Tuesday and they say that their system shows me as a nonresident. I couldn’t believe it. I followed all the steps and talked with the DNR officer in January to make sure I did everything correctly and he said I was good to go. So the next morning (Wednesday, and I was planning to hunt Thursday) I went right into the DNR office to try to get an answer. They were looking through the Log on my account to see when it was switched but they couldn’t find when it happened. After talking with them some more, they agreed I did everything correct and was following all the laws, along with the fact that I confirmed via a phone call with the DNR officer that I did everything correct. Thankfully, they made the adjustment back to Resident and I was good to hunt!!!!

The next morning my dad and I were out and we had some great gobbling but nothing worked into our original set. With so much gobbling, we weren’t going to sit there so we made a move on 2 birds we saw in another plot. Upon getting up there, those birds were gone but another bird was hammering close to the shed/truck. We split up and dad goes on one ridge and I go on another. Right when I get into the timber, 4 deer take off running. I thought it was over. Then boom, he hammers again. A couple helps later and he is marching in. Dropped him at 30 yards and about 50 yards from the truck (which he could see)!!! Then we were standing around the turkey and I look over and see a nice 4 point side about 10 yards from him! What an awesome morning and great first hunt back on the home turf!

24.5 LBS
10.5 Inch Beard
1 Inch Spurs
65.5 Total Score

9bd53ff848a7b52ae163c7c83c66e6f5.jpg

55b4c746d2a3a26158bedb6411e18ff1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom