Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question for Ground Blind Hunters

Oak

I've got some toms that like a certain field, but there's very little cover and I'll be using my ground blind tomorrow. The winds are supposed to be gusting between 20 and 30. Is that too much wind for a ground blind?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I’m no turkey expert but if I can get the blind setup with out the blind blowing away and into a tangled mess I’ve done it many times.
In extra windy conditions I’ll use 8 stakes. Four for the hubs and one in each corner of the blind. Good luck

Reactions: Oak
I hate hunting in the wind. Do as Ishi posted and it should be OK but personally I'd wait till a less windy day.

I am a self admitted fair weather turkey hunter.

Thanks for the tips. The other options are setting up 500 yards away from where they enter the field or going to another property and hunting timber on the leeward side of a ridge. I was at the timbered property yesterday, but it was very quiet. I only saw 1 hen and the only gobbler I saw was on the neighbor property 1/2 mile away.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I have the back of the blind to the wind, set two legs of my chair on the wall flap, back against that wall of the blind. I don’t carry stakes. I’ve had the blind blow over while taking hero pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the predicted wind I decided not to take the blind today, but I was able to call a group of 4 toms to me. I'm tagged out and now starts the long wait for next spring.

20.41 lbs, 9" beard , spurs 1 3/16" and 1 1 /4"
068364048aa40e4d5959879a53530da1.jpg

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

LOL

Here I said I hated the wind and took my daughter out in it! I did get into a protected creek bottom where it wasn't so bad. Nicely done.

Top Bottom