Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cultipacker

Oct-Lull

So I have decided on a 3 pt cultipacker. I am however looking for real world help on a few options. I have always used the older style alternate notched/smooth wheel style. Newer options I find tend to be either all notched or all smooth. The other is the roller is 9.5" or 16". The 16" are heavier and more money. Cheap King cutters are a out 1200$ with 9.5 notched rollers and about 500 - 600#. The ETA are 16" smooth rollers and a more useful 800#+ and more like 1800$. Local guy can get me a 6' Bush Hog smooth 16 @ 850# for 2400$ all in. So big vs small roller, smooth vs notched 1500$ vs 2400$. Anyone have good bad to say about the smooth ridge roller?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Done plenty of good work with smooth-wheeled packers but that being said, I much prefer all notched wheels. I think most folks do and the industry is showing evidence of that with what is being placed on newer equipment. Look at almost any newer planter that has a row of wheels in the rear and you will see tightly spaced notched wheels.

I think the notched wheels firm up more surface area, leave a better finish, and break up clumps better. The notches also can mimic spike aeration on soils that aren't bone dry. As far as weight goes, a heavier packer might mean fewer passes with tillage equipment and with the packer, to reach your desired outcome, but I dont think it matters much. I often use the packer several times pre and post seeding until I am satisfied.

The Brillion Pulverizer line is about perfect in my opinion. Expensive but check out the design.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

....my initial reaction is that is a ton of money for a cultipacker. I see them often at auctions for way cheaper
It is alot but I dont want a pull type, to much trouble to transport. Also I. Ould build one. Ut I dont have the time. Even old brillion pull types bring 500$ to 1000$

Where u located ? I have a couple extra ones. ;). Heck- one hasn’t been used. I think it’s smooth , around a 10’ with pull & 3 point option.

Where u located ? I have a couple extra ones. ;). Heck- one hasn’t been used. I think it’s smooth , around a 10’ with pull & 3 point option.
NE Iowa, I'm in the market

Top Bottom