Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagged Out #2

elscott11

PMA Member
April 20th I went to a farm that I had seen 6 toms the Wednesday before but they were henned up. Birds were gobbling before I got set up. Right after fly down I saw 5 birds 400 yards away and they were sprinting across the field. 6:10 I had one down. Tried to coax another to stay interested.
c422e115160d2b2ce8ee98d5fa5d7eb9.jpg

Fast forward to May 1st. Same farm, opposite type of hunt. Misting when I got set up and no birds gobbling. Once the mist stopped the birds started to fire up. They seemed like they were with hens. I stayed patient but then I got 5 jakes in my set up. Part of me wanted to drop one but I had to hold myself back!
a2d63e3072dd70edcb77cf0f71b0a1a1.jpg

10:30 I got a bird to gobble close. His hen made her way into my decoys and he stayed back 150 yards until he couldn’t take it anymore. She got to 50 yards and he started his trek my way. He got to 40 and held up. I wanted another bow kill but I wasn’t picky. His hen was in my decoys but he didn’t want anything to do with it. Skirted my decoys at 30. Had to get on my knees and try to pull off a shot out of a side window at what I thought was 20. Happened to be 30 and missed low. Quick grabbed the shotgun and dropped the hammer on him at 11:10. Love chasing these birds!
5a976ab46cfbb8057fabe0fd83249ef2.jpg

Pics aren’t the best but iPhone and 10sec timer was all I had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom