Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morels

FYI, my son found about 3 dozen decent yellows, nothing spectacular, but a nice haul, on Saturday at our place. This was definitely later in the year than what we normally experience at our place. I also think that we could find more still this coming week by the looks of things.

4a80c9ffc3cf196276738df3d34cf1de.jpg
I found a wall hanger!! I always try to leave AtleAst 4-5 n let them grow all the way untill they die off its seems to help produce more shrooms in that certain area but that’s really hard to do on public ground ( shroom was already knocked over that’s why I took the picture)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a few really nice size grays 2 weeks ago. Couldn't get back out till now. I'm wondering if it is still worth going this weekend in southcentral Iowa?

Found a few really nice size grays 2 weeks ago. Couldn't get back out till now. I'm wondering if it is still worth going this weekend in southcentral Iowa?
Yes. I have found plenty this late other years in SE Iowa. Some are dried out but plenty worth picking. With the colder and wetter than normal spring this weekend should be pretty good still.

Yesterday was the first day I went out specifically for mushrooms and did pretty decent... Went 3 places and found 1/2-2/3 of a sack at 2 spots and then a few more at the 3rd
Then today I went to a new spot I haven't been to in years and hit the motherload but they were getting close to being bad and werent super firm... Used buckets to try and keep them from getting smashed. Got 3 5gal buckets 1/2 full and 3 partial sacks under one big dead tree... They all came from about a 60' circle
945d458e92ce56d31c6cf53f5e9038c8.jpg
b414e9ec846892484b2e2a22b8120571.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom