Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ISO Decent Starter Muzzleloader(s)

blackdogs

Have a friend and his son that will be going during muzzleloader for the first time. I know there are lots of new guns out there, but the budget is tight and if anyone has a decent starter setup they would like to sell shoot me a message. Doesn't have to be fancy just something good to 100yds would fit the bill...

My son, dad, and I all shoot a CVA Optima. My nephew shoots a Wolf. All four of us take deer at 75-100 yards regularly.

To date my three longest shots to harvest deer were right at 150 yards. All three were .50 cal because it was just too far from my stand for a slug. (Started carrying it during first shotgun for greater range.) One was a Thompson Center Disc. I couldn’t afford to replace it in kind so I got an Optima and the next two 150 yard harvests were with my CVA.

I’ve successfully hunted with a variety of expensive Thompson Center rifles (Hawken, New Englander, Disc) and none of them are any better than an Optima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom