Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fertilizer sources in central iowa

Nontypcl1

Where's everyone buying bagged fert? Specifically high p&k blends like 6-24-24 or similar. I know where to get some but prices seem to be getting a little unreasonable there and my local coop now only carries bagged urea.

Not sure where in Central Iowa you are looking but you might try one of the Heartland Coop locations. They can usually get what you're looking for if they don't have it in stock. Don't know how their price compares to others.

I bought 5 gal. pails of potash and phosphorus (the phosphorus has quite a bit of urea with it as well) for $20 per pail from Crop Production Services. Each pail is around 40 + lbs. when full. The last time I purchased potash in a 40 lb. bag it cost me $1/lb. They also had slow release urea but I didn't get a price on it.

I got mine from the Atalissa location and I forgot to mention it was BYO Buckets. There are quite a few locations and there is one in Urbandale, just try calling ahead and ask if they will sell you bucket quantities. My biggest plot is only 1 acre so I don't need to justify much more than 4-5 buckets of either Potash or Phosphorus. When I need equal amounts of NPK for small plots, I buy the 10-10-10 from Farm and Fleet in bags.

I’m hunting for the same thing. Have a one acre plot and would love bags of 6-24-24. Any ideas around Des Moines/Winterset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices on fertilizer went up a lot this spring. It's also been a struggle to get fertilizer for most because the barges weren't able to go past St. Louis. I paid for my spring applied in January and it was $200 per ton higher in April.

I’ll keep checking. I talked with the one in Waukee snd he said the only had bags of triple 13.

I buy a lot of stuff from heartland. 13-13-13 is about all they have in bagged form. You might check the TSC in De Sota. They had more options as of a last year.

I buy a lot of stuff from heartland. 13-13-13 is about all they have in bagged form. You might check the TSC in De Sota. They had more options as of a last year.

Thanks. I checked there too and about all I saw was triple 13. I may have located a place. I’ll check and report back. I only need enough for an acre so bulk isn’t what I’m looking for. More to come.......

Ok, I said I would provide an update. I was able to find 50 lb bags of 6-24-24 fertilizer at Des Moines Feed on Hubbell (by the AE Dairy). $20/bag. I picked up a couple for my clover plot. I knew some were looking so thought I'd share.

Top Bottom