Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crabbing on the Coast in Oregon

TheMadCatter

After quite a leave of absence from the forum I'm back! I'm settled in my new seasonal job here with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. I casually working with deer, elk, black bear, mountain lions, coastal marten, and other small mammals.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to crab right next to my work and my apartment. I'll be doing more videos like this in the future and scouting videos (Roosevelt Elk, Blacktail Deer, and Black Bear) before season starts in August!

My Dad booked us a chartered fishing trip for us here too and I can't wait to try to catch some Salmon and Halibut.

Nice, always enjoy your experiences! Keep having fun bud!

Always! Just put out some trail cameras in my elk spot for this fall and some mineral/salt. Here in Oregon you can bait deer and elk :) More or less those spots are going to be for inventory since the elk and deer here don't have to migrate.

So super good eating?!?!? Lucky!!!! & deer & elk around there... u can inventory like whitetail back home? Like far smaller home ranges than they have out west?

So super good eating?!?!? Lucky!!!! & deer & elk around there... u can inventory like whitetail back home? Like far smaller home ranges than they have out west?

Yes, most the deer and elk home ranges are only a couple miles compared to hundreds of miles because they don't migrate here. The bears seem to be smaller here due to not hibernating too and they're constantly looking for food sources.

There's exotics here too (Axis, Fallow, and Aoudad) because the coldest it gets here is 38 degrees and it doesn't snow. The average August high is 68 degrees too! This week it's supposed to be 63 almost every day, super mild weather.

Top Bottom