Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help with Soybean seed rate

Rutty

Guys I need a little help with soybean food plot seed rate. I will be planting 3.5 acres tomorrow of soybeans. The Round up Ready beans that were given to me are in a trash bucket. I was thinking about bringing 5 gallon buckets to dump the beans into so that I would know how much to put down per acre. How many 5 gallon buckets should I put down per acre? I have heard that I want to seed heavy. Also, I have a harrow drag that I will pull behind the 4 wheeler with cinder blocks on top of it. How many times should i go over the plot after seeding? Thanks for the advice guys!

Don't bank on this but I thought it was one five gallon bucket of soybeans for half acre (strong seeding rates)?

Guys I need a little help with soybean food plot seed rate. I will be planting 3.5 acres tomorrow of soybeans. The Round up Ready beans that were given to me are in a trash bucket. I was thinking about bringing 5 gallon buckets to dump the beans into so that I would know how much to put down per acre. How many 5 gallon buckets should I put down per acre? I have heard that I want to seed heavy. Also, I have a harrow drag that I will pull behind the 4 wheeler with cinder blocks on top of it. How many times should i go over the plot after seeding? Thanks for the advice guys!

Weigh it. Average unit (140,000 seeds) of soybeans is 50 lbs. Not perfect depending on seed size but close. If broadcasting go 100# per acres. Again, not exact science but that will get ya close. That is about double the seed rate in ag production btw.

I've been told by the DNR if you are spreading beans it is 1.5xs what you usually put on. 50lbs through a planter per acre would mean you would want to do about 75 lbs. I did this last year and it worked really good. I wouldn't be scared to put on 100lbs per acre.

Top Bottom