Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late season Plots

Rutty

Planted 2 acres of soybeans yesterday. I am looking to add 1 more acre adjacent to the beans. I am only concerned with late season hunting and not bow hunting or early season. What do you guys think is the best late season draw when the weather turns cold but can withstand browse up to late season only being an acre in size.

IMO brassicas are the best late season food source you can plant. If you already have beans then adding a food source such as brassicas will give you a perfect option if the weather warms a bit. Go into the dbltree forum and read up on it. There are plenty of different varieties out there but I always just plant purple top turnips and forage radishes and Ill mix in a small amount of rape but thats also not needed. Plant before rain and pour the nitrogen to them. They will eat the radishes all season long and them hammer the turnips later in the year.

I would do have brassicas mix and half winter peas. Deer in our area took a few years to hit brassicas and turnips but loved the peas from day 1

Top Bottom