Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter Killer

JNRBRONC

Rented that movie from RedBox over the weekend. At the beginning, it shows the main character about to draw down on a bull elk. SO MANY things wrong with the scene that I about screamed. Anybody else seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t. So- u watched & the official IW movie critique review is 2 thumbs down?

The movie isn’t that bad as a whole, I hated the opening elk hunting scene. Things that irked me about it: he draws back on a bull elk that appeared to be too long of an archery shot (the bull was across water), he has the bow canted (poor form), the bow is some compound recurve thing, the arrows in the quiver have the broad heads exposed (arrows in quiver upside down?), he’s above tree line, ground covered in snow, almost at the peak (what is the elk doing there?), a cow and calf follow up behind the bull (felt like a Bambi moment as he hesitates on the shot).

I’ve been told I should have just “watched with a cinematic eye, not a literal eye”. Harrumph!

I’m guessing the producers were just trying to set the stage as him being a Badazz, as what is more hardcore than archery elk hunting? LOL. The rest of the movie was ok, I’d give it a 4 outta 5. Hands down better than any Romcom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom